MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics - FACTS and GOOD ATTITUDES ONLY (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Simply brilliant - mosque @ Ground Zero (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27428)

Kracka 08-03-2010 10:25 AM

Simply brilliant - mosque @ Ground Zero

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/03...e-ground-zero/

goodhart 08-03-2010 11:15 AM

Re: Simply brilliant - mosque @ Ground Zero

Good, now let's go crash a fuckin plane into it.

Kracka 08-03-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 351492)

Seems like a fair trade to me.

1ViciousGSX 08-03-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 351492)

THIS ^^^^^ :lol:

Matt D. 08-23-2010 05:26 PM

Think again, boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dXFo0UUACM&hd=1

Keep in mind that I typically dislike Keith Olberman, but he hit the nail on the head with this one. No cliffs notes here, you need to watch it start to finish. If it doesn't change your mind then may God have mercy on your soul.

Kracka 08-23-2010 06:05 PM

Watched it; don't agree with it. We all have our opinions and he is entitled to his just like Rush is.

Goat Blower 08-23-2010 06:06 PM

You're kidding, Keith Olbermann? He's never been right about a single thing, I doubt if that's going to change here. Native Americans? Really?

I don't really believe anything bad would specifically come from building this mosque there, but in the name of keeping everybody happy, how about they just move it a bit farther away? Why hasn't this peaceful Imam proposed that yet?

I do find it funny that the same people that think Christians should be burned in gas chambers suddenly are all for religious freedom.

Once again, according to the lefties, we should be punished for our hard work and good fortune, well, the normal people like you and me, not the ruling class elite like themselves. And after a year and a half of apologizing, Barry has no more world respect than he had when he started, probably actually a lot less, he's the new world pansie. We're a horrible nation that persecutes everyone, yet everyone wants to live here, I just don't get it. :jackoff:

Goat Blower 08-23-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 354756)
Watched it; don't agree with it. We all have our opinions and he is entitled to his just like Rush is.

Here's how much people believe in Keith Olbermann.

http://www.businessinsider.com/quart...graphic-2010-6

Matt D. 08-23-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 354756)
Watched it; don't agree with it.

What is there to not agree with?

scheides 08-23-2010 06:26 PM

Nice post dizzle.

Kracka 08-23-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D. (Post 354768)
What is there to not agree with?

Listening to him you'd think the Muslims were doing NYC a favor by allowing the World Trade Center to be built near their place of worship (which was there 4 months previous). Also, all his comparisons to current standing churches is completely luadacris. They are already there and have been for quite some time, completely different. And even the slightest hint of comparing this to the Holocaust? Give me a break!

Build the damn community center, but keep it that, skip the two floors of worship space and everyone will be happy. Or, just locate it elsewhere. Problem solved.

Speedfreak 08-23-2010 07:10 PM

Nice post, thanks for posting that. It's pretty much dead on. I'm not a fan of his, but I'll give him credit for having a clear thought and voicing it.

This topic is all over the news and the world of politics lately. But in regards to "why not just move the location?". Why? The religion of Islam(Muslims) didn't do 9/11, some extremists did. Muslims died in those buildings as well. By moving the location, in effect, it would be saying that Islam was the reason for 9/11. That is not the case. Thus, no reason to move an Islamic center for no reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goat Blower (Post 354758)

I do find it funny that the same people that think Christians should be burned in gas chambers suddenly are all for religious freedom.

Are you referring to Muslims? If so, Steve, you and I should chat some time about what is the truth about Islam/Muslims. Sounds like you've been filled with some garbage/propaganda/hate from somewhere.

Islam teaches/mandates respect for all other religions and specifically Christians and Jews as our brothers. We are all "people of the book". That's the way we see it, but I guess I can't speak for Christians or Jews.

With somewhere between 1.5 and 1.7 billion Muslims in this world, if Islam was what some mislead people believed it to be, the world would be in a constant state of religious war.

Speedfreak 08-23-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 354773)

Build the damn community center, but keep it that, skip the two floors of worship space and everyone will be happy. Or, just locate it elsewhere. Problem solved.

What about it being a place where people can pray makes it a bad place?

goodhart 08-23-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedfreak (Post 354774)
With somewhere between 1.5 and 1.7 billion Muslims in this world, if Islam was what some mislead people believed it to be, the world would be in a constant state of religious war.

It's not? lol

Speedfreak 08-23-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 354800)
It's not? lol

I assume you are joking. But if not, um no, not even close. And what is going on as "wars" is a completely different topic altogether.

Kracka 08-23-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

It's not? lol

No shit. Religious or otherwise, what continent doesn't have some sort of war going on? I'm sure even the penguins on Antarctica are out for someone.

Speedfreak 08-23-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

It's not? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedfreak (Post 354806)
I assume you are joking. But if not, um no, not even close. And what is going on as "wars" is a completely different topic altogether.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 354810)
No shit. Religious or otherwise, what continent doesn't have some sort of war going on? I'm sure even the penguins on Antarctica are out for someone.

My point was toward branding a religion based on a few. When there are 1.5 to 1.7 billion people, there is bound to be a certain percentage of people who are extremists. It's within every religion or organized group around the world. So to point to things like this "Ground Zero Mosque" and label it some kind of terrorist threat(by connecting it with 9/11 and some extremists) is obscene.

And if any of the big religions wanted to.. they could start a world war, not localized political/$ "wars".

tpunx99GSX 08-23-2010 11:29 PM

This whole debate about a "mosque" being put "On" Ground zero is all for political purposes. That is all people. This should NEVER have come to the federal level. It passed the city planning commission, and whatever other boards it had to go through to get approved. Its not ON ground zero, its not a Mosque. So why is this still an issue.
You have all been duped into thinking that somehow the federal government can or will do anything about this. In a country where 1 and 5 idiots think the president is a Muslim (and act like only Christians or Presbyterians can be president), this is simply a ploy to get people angry at the head of the democratic party (president) and raise this issue to the point where people are threatening violence against people who have done nothing wrong.
Take for instance, Timothy McVeigh, Should all Christians (or whatever his religion) be damned and hated because of him bombing and killing all of those people in Oklahoma city? He would be considered an extremist.
What about the KKK? They are an extremist faction of the Christians. So should we hate all people that are christians?
Matt D had it right in posting that video, and although we dont see eye to eye on a lot of issues im glad he does see through this bullshit.
With the amount of Muslims in the world today, there are bound to be extremist factions in there, but there is no reason to let these things elevate to the level where as goodhart put it "Good, now let's go crash a fuckin plane into it." for something that all the people in that "Mosque" had no part in.
But i guess its as we grew up, Guilt by association.
Salem Witch Trials
Crusades
The founding of America
The Thirty Years War
and i can go on and on and on.
There is more blood on the hands of Christians, Catholics, and Protestants than any other religion around the world.
So who should we be more afraid of? My Atheist self is saying fuck all your religion, Ill stick to that which we as humans can PROVE, and definitely not going for the whole 2000+ year game of Telephone.

curt_gendron 08-24-2010 08:01 AM

As mentioned already, the mosque isn't AT ground zero. It's NEAR ground zero:
http://thedeepsilence.com/wp-content...ueLocation.jpg

It's a couple of blocks away from the Ground Zero site. I don't see any big deal about putting it there.

later,
Curt

Kracka 08-24-2010 10:41 AM

GREAT editorial: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/...s-howard-dean/

This article and it's support is a breath of fresh air.