MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter! (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34206)

Kracka 08-11-2014 09:05 AM

Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

HA! People are already using the AFE in conjunction with the supercharger kits ;) Most the kits reuse the factory box, but a simple adapter and waa-laa!

A//// Guy 08-11-2014 11:21 AM

Sweeeet

rose0529 08-11-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 448167)
GHEYRAY WILL OWN YOU!

Such a nice little setup, and the best part is you can sell it once you install the blower! :)

+1!

Looks nice and clean, like others have said. When are you getting it back to cobb for more numbers?

Kracka 08-11-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose0529 (Post 448172)
Looks nice and clean, like others have said. When are you getting it back to cobb for more numbers?

Just waiting for Diablo to release the AFE-OTS tune, then a few hundred miles on it for the ECU to make all necessary parameter adjustments as it learns the setup/conditions.

Kracka 08-13-2014 01:23 PM

The AFE OTS map is in, now I just need to update the handheld and flash the car! Re-dyno next week? Likely :)

scheides 08-13-2014 01:33 PM

YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

C3L1CA 08-13-2014 02:22 PM

Simple mods with good gains ftw!

Kracka 08-14-2014 07:18 AM

Butt dyno says SUCCESS!!! Driving to work this morning the car felt great; the gains are noticeable for sure. I plan to schedule another dyno appointment for next week giving the car a chance to relearn all the parameters.

http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/...m/IMAG1569.jpg

http://www.mitsustyle.com/photopost/...m/IMAG1566.jpg

Car fired right up! This unit is actually pretty cool, besides it not playing nice with my work laptop (I blame IT), is is very user friendly. The touchscreen is an added bonus, plus you can make changes right from the handheld unlike the Accessport which you have to make changes on the computer, update the unit, then reflash the car. Added bonus, they made both 91 and 93-octane tunes for the AFE intake. It flashed quicker than I thought it would too.

rose0529 08-14-2014 07:24 AM

Very cool! It will be interesting too see what kind of gains you get.

What kinds of things can you change from the handheld? (besides the obvious tune)

Kracka 08-14-2014 07:28 AM

Active Fuel Management Disable (8 to 4 Cylinders)
Calibrate Speedo for Gear Ratio
Calibrate Speedo for Tire Size
Shift Points (A/T tranny)
Shift Firmness (A/T tranny)
Disable 1-4 skipshift (M/T tranny)
Fuel Injector Calibration
Spark Timing Advance/Retard
Idle RPM
Rev Limiter
Speed Limiter
Throttle Booster

Spoolin_Turbo 08-14-2014 09:03 AM

Throttle Booster?

Kracka 08-14-2014 09:26 AM

Drive-by-wire thing, you can do the same with ECUFlash or Accessport. Basically, you can program your gas pedal to be more responsive, or leave it alone so it's linear. For example, 50% @ the pedal can translate to 70% @ the throttle body, or leave it alone so 50% = 50%.

asshanson 08-14-2014 01:14 PM

On the C5/C6, I thought it was the other way around. 50% throttle only equated to 30-40% at the throttle body (which makes it feel more linear at low throttle), and there were tune adjustments so that the gas pedal to throttle body became linear, which results in a lot touchier response at low throttle. But anyway, cool that you can make all those adjustments with the handheld device.

Kracka 08-14-2014 01:35 PM

I honestly have no idea how it's set from the factory, I was just throwing out some examples. Sorry, didn't mean to imply the factory settings are perfectly linear. I do know it changes based on the driving mode you're in though (Weather, Eco, Touring, Sport, & Track). I personally chose to leave the throttle boost slider at 0% to stick with the factory settings.

Halon 08-29-2014 09:55 PM

My buddy just picked up a red 6spd auto 2LT. Took me for a spin, very nice ride! I enjoyed the exhaust how it was quite tame, but sounds mean when he gets on it.

Kracka 09-02-2014 01:12 PM

Very nice! Z51 model?

Kracka 09-08-2014 08:18 AM

Another cool feature about Corvette suspension is factory adjustable ride height so yesterday I decided to lower mine down as far as it would go! From the factory, they're generally set in about the middle of the range with room to raise or lower about 1/2" in either direction. Not a huge drop, subtle but noticeable. No ill effect on handing or ride quality, and from what others are saying a realignment isn't required since everything generally stays within spec (I plan to have the dealer check it when I'm in for my next oil change though).

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...77de1cf96585ec

Halon 09-08-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 448759)
Very nice! Z51 model?

Yep they got the Z package. Apparently GM is offering employee pricing on any 2014 for anyone who owns a car that was involved in the recent recall. My buddy owns a Cobalt SS, so they qualified, and got a $9k discount right off the bat for that.

Kracka 09-08-2014 08:43 AM

Wow, that is amazing! Good for them. Getting anything under MSRP on a Z51 model is still near impossible.

Halon 09-08-2014 08:52 AM

I think they were really wanting a 1LT Z51 in dark grey, but sounds like it's starting to become slim pickings for 2014's.