MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Car problems.... (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11768)

tpunx99GSX 06-09-2006 04:37 PM

Car problems....

Not sure which forum to put this in.
On my lunch break today we were on our way and i was driving normal when all of the sudden the CEL comes on and the car starts having problems accelerating, it is still building boost but is shaking really hard and not wanting to go faster. im able to shift gears just fine but its still having problems reving.
So i pull into a gas station and look under the hood, Nothing seems out of place, i check the intercooler piping and that seams ok, theres no gas leaks or oil leaks or coolent leaks, the temp is normal. so i try to start it again and it starts right up and revs just fine.
I start driving again and the shit starts happening again after about 30 seconds of driving. I was on a kind of busy road so i turn the car off and coast a little then start the car and put it in gear and again its reving fine. It did that all the way to the resturant and back to work.
After work im going to put the link on and see what the CEL is pulling.
Im really confused on this one, can you guys try and shed some light on this.
Thanks
Tom

copper_gst 06-09-2006 05:00 PM

Re: Car problems....

I would assume that it's either a fuel filter or a o2 sensor. But i've been wrong before.

xveganxcowboyx 06-09-2006 06:05 PM

Sounds like an air issue to me. I've had similar problems with boost leaks, disconnected intake hoses and a bad MAF. I would lean towards something like the MAF or O2 if it runs all right for a bit before flipping out.

tpunx99GSX 06-09-2006 06:17 PM

So its prolly not a head gasket right? LOL thats my worst fear.
Whats wierd is it wasnt doing it at all this morning or last night or ever before but then i went to the gas station this morning, filled up and then went to work and it just happened on lunch. It wouldnt happen to be a bad tank of gas would it?

Jakey 06-09-2006 06:31 PM

What's the error code?

tpunx99GSX 06-09-2006 06:40 PM

Ok i just went out and pulled the code, its coming back with 0300 random misfire detected. Can someone go on the dsmlink site and check what that means, we havent gotten my account set up with them yet.

carltalon 06-09-2006 06:44 PM

Ive had simmiler problems with bad plug wires or bad plugs. That would go along with your missfire too.

tpunx99GSX 06-09-2006 06:46 PM

Yeha i just googled it and it said likely its the plugs and plug wires. Ill have to limp it to Pep boys and change them out.

Jakey 06-09-2006 07:08 PM

Pep boys to change plugs and wires?

tpunx99GSX 06-10-2006 03:47 AM

I cruised over to Napa after work and changed the plug wires and Plugs and that corrected the problem.
Does anyone know if i need receipts to warrenty a set of Magnacore Spark Plug wires?