MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mitsu vehicle parts for sale (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FS: Shaved & Polished Valve Cover (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14943)

Onefast99gsx 04-02-2007 01:15 PM

FS: Shaved & Polished Valve Cover

2 Attachment(s)
I have a shaved & polished valve cover for sale and ready to ship. It's the one at the top in the attached picture. The breather nipple that goes on the side of the VC is not shown but IS included. Also, the bolt wells ARE polished. The center of the VC is not just some cheap aluminum hi-temp paint. The center is rather, glass bead blasted. Looks very nice. The other 2 VC's were customer valve covers.

PRICE: $120+ SHIPPING

I've also included a picture of my engine bay and what these look like installed.

DBMajik 04-02-2007 06:15 PM

Re: FS: Shaved & Polished Valve Cover

I saw your post for these on Link. I was wondering if you can etch something on them? If you can I will for sure take one.

Onefast99gsx 04-02-2007 06:23 PM

Hi, Sorry.... Our CNC mill doesn't provide for AUTOCAD input to be able to do that. Its more of a prototyping machine where you do something manually and have it in teach mode. Thanks for asking though.

Tman1gtsi 04-03-2007 01:31 PM

ill take it if it isnt sold

sleepydsm 04-03-2007 02:02 PM

Hey, are you milling the tops of the valve covers? When you say its in teach mode, are you then using those... wtf controller is that, not Fanuc but with an M or N, Masic? Uh... I dont remember, I just remember that "teach" function.

Are you just running a shell mill or just an end mill over the letters so its near flush?

Shane55113 04-03-2007 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepydsm (Post 184436)
Hey, are you milling the tops of the valve covers? When you say its in teach mode, are you then using those... wtf controller is that, not Fanuc but with an M or N, Masic? Uh... I dont remember, I just remember that "teach" function.

Are you just running a shell mill or just an end mill over the letters so its near flush?

:postalot:

Onefast99gsx 04-03-2007 10:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's a Mitsubishi V500 CNC vertical Mill. It can't do .dxf inputs or GCODE or stuff like that. I wish it could. Basically you can run it in manual mode and have it in teach mode at the same time. Teach mode is bascially a RECORD function of the mill. It also has a 9 piece tool changer. For the stuff my Dads business does, it works great! It utilizes a Galil controller card with 3 Yaskawa servo drives. Our CNC lathe is a full blown machining center that can do .dxf imports, gcode, etc...

I've attached some pics of the mill and lathe centers.

PS- I did sell it last night.

Talon628 04-04-2007 11:59 AM

roughly how much does that machine cost?

sleepydsm 04-17-2007 10:35 AM

Ooooh gotcha. Luckily at school we have some nicer CNC mills. Cool stuff! I wanna try doing that to my valve cover. I was curious tho, is the top of the valve cover not parallel to the bottom? Isn't there a slight angle?

Project2G 04-21-2007 05:33 PM

Was the valve cover sold? Can you get more?