MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   From ashes (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32381)

Halon 03-06-2013 07:56 PM

Re: From ashes

Yeah that curve wants to keep going, rev that bish to 9k!

Trogdor 03-06-2013 09:01 PM

That EF3 is supposed to be good for 650. BAP would be the next step. But not sure that I'll end up getting around to that for a while. I'm quite happy with where its at.

evotuner 03-06-2013 10:02 PM

550 bobby not 650

timschot 03-06-2013 10:48 PM

Do the return line siphon drill mod before you put a BAP on there (see my post on evomn). Your W400 should already be flowing as much as my dw65c with BAP does I would think.

But great numbers anyway!

scheides 03-06-2013 11:00 PM

Oh, I missed that you went with a W400 already. I am shocked that it is out of fuel. Is it the e85 version? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge at all? Its possible your base fuel pressure is off the map and severely limiting the flow of the pump.

Trogdor 03-06-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timschot (Post 425289)
Do the return line siphon drill mod before you put a BAP on there (see my post on evomn). Your W400 should already be flowing as much as my dw65c with BAP does I would think.

But great numbers anyway!

Yeah, I saw the link. Going to ask Ron about that. Thanks Tim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 425294)
Oh, I missed that you went with a W400 already. I am shocked that it is out of fuel. Is it the e85 version?

Yup
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/547/pumphx.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 425294)
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge at all? Its possible your base fuel pressure is off the map and severely limiting the flow of the pump.

I have no idea what that even means. But no, I don't have a pressure gauge.

scheides 03-06-2013 11:18 PM

Study up on how fuel pumps work. The higher the pressure they are pumping against, the less overall they will flow. Restrictions in the fuel system can lead to this.

Go back in my project thread about a year and you'll see all of my W400 shenanigans including fuel rail and siphon drilling. I actually bent my stock FPR to reduce base fuel pressure while installing a boomba fuel rail. Lots of fuel capacity on my setup now

Drilling the siphon is pretty easy, it takes about 20 minutes to get the fuel pump out, drill it, and get it back in....but having a gauge is pretty key so you know what's actually happening instead of guessing :)

Trogdor 03-06-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 425304)
Study up on how fuel pumps work. The higher the pressure they are pumping against, the less overall they will flow. Restrictions in the fuel system can lead to this.

Go back in my project thread about a year and you'll see all of my W400 shenanigans including fuel rail and siphon drilling. I actually bent my stock FPR to reduce base fuel pressure while installing a boomba fuel rail. Lots of fuel capacity on my setup now

Drilling the siphon is pretty easy, it takes about 20 minutes to get the fuel pump out, drill it, and get it back in....but having a gauge is pretty key so you know what's actually happening instead of guessing :)

I'll look in to it out of curiosity. But honestly, I'm not looking to make any more power for a long time. If I could squeeze a couple more out of this 20 minutes worth of work, it's probably worth it. But I'm very happy with where its at right now :)

timschot 03-06-2013 11:40 PM

Keep in mind, with super high pressure, you can pretty easily pop the return line off the nipple at the tank. Happened to me twice before I did the drill mod. Hasn't happened since. I was reluctant to just put a tighter clamp on, because I'd rather have it pop off there than in the engine bay.

I would do what Scheides said.. put a fuel pressure gauge on there (or have Ron do it) and if it's crazy high, do the drill mod and see if it helps much. It will definitely help, but it might not be enough with the w400's flow at idle.

evotuner 03-06-2013 11:58 PM

fpr and drill that shit out bobby, better safe than sorry. Welcome to the world of modding haha

Trogdor 03-07-2013 07:26 AM

Thanks Tim, ill keep that in mind!

Trogdor 08-07-2013 11:27 AM

Well, here's a bummer update.

About 2 months ago now I took the car down to Ron's to have said ignition problem looked at, and it turns out that noise that we all thought was piston slap, was something more severe. So MAP has had the car down to short block for a while now. Cylinder #3 was fuel washed. The injectors have been sent to ID for inspection. They called me this morning and said that nothing is unusual that would indicate the injectors were the problem. One was flowing a little low, but still within Bosche's standards. FML

C3L1CA 08-07-2013 11:56 AM

That sucks to hear :( What are you going to do with it now?

93gtpeater 08-07-2013 12:05 PM

Ouch. Who built the motor?

Fran05 08-07-2013 12:16 PM

So whats wrong with the motor?

Halon 08-07-2013 12:22 PM

So what was discovered regarding the noise, spun bearing?

Kracka 08-07-2013 02:18 PM

Yikes...

Murlo26 08-07-2013 11:26 PM

Hmmm, this sucks :(

dsmreck 08-07-2013 11:40 PM

yes it does suck. I too want to know what a washed cylinder would do

93gtpeater 08-08-2013 12:51 AM

A washed cylinder would be a cylinder with no/little compression. A washed cylinder is shiny and has no cross hatchings.