MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Project:No replacment for displacment. (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27349)

Halon 07-27-2010 10:20 PM

Re: Project:No replacment for displacment.

Totally jealous!

Pushit2.0 07-28-2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitsukid124 (Post 350624)
+ 1 on the procharger. there is a silver one here in town that is and its supposedly holdin 700+whp

Not with out a built motor of some kind, stock an LS1-6 engine is good for about 550whp on a 2wd dynoguess before oily parts start to get out.

~John

TheBlizzard 07-28-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushit2.0 (Post 350646)
Not with out a built motor of some kind, stock an LS1-6 engine is good for about 550whp on a 2wd dynoguess before oily parts start to get out.

~John

You sure about that? I thought Ryan's (Mr.Raced) Corvette that had a Procharger on it made more than 550whp with LS6? I could be wrong, but none the less his car scooted good with a Procharger. F

For Auto X'ing it might be a little too much with that car though unless you had some sick tires/suspension so you didn't spin out of every corner.

niterydr 07-28-2010 09:08 AM

I would drop in a new cam setup (cam, springs, rockers), and make sure it is tuned properly. Then a bit of spray and be done/happy with it. That car makes PLENTY of power for auto-x and goofing around. Maybe pick up an extra ls based motor to build in your spare time.

If you do decide to upgrade the cam this winter, let me know. I would be interested in your valve springs if they are the "yellow" ones.

Pushit2.0 08-01-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niterydr (Post 350669)
...(cam, springs, edit)....

Push rods, 3/8" diameter 7.400" long comp cams will work like a champ. Rocker arms are fine unless the center pivot pin is working its way out, I have not seen this yet but that is what to look for. Ryan you know I have a crazy hook up for this, along with the ability to get'er done in 1 day.

~John

FattyBoomBatty 08-01-2010 01:57 AM

Yeah, you better upgrade. The conquest of doom is gunning for your little red corvette.

:p

MustGoFaster 08-12-2010 05:09 PM

I've decided to "downgrade" back to stock. Going to keep the parts though, no telling how nuts I will go with a stock car.

Bought my first set of Hoosiers though. From now on all racing occurs on a closed course.

slowbubblecar 08-12-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster (Post 353037)
From now on all racing occurs on a closed course.

+1 Not worth the hassle and risk of losing your license.

Not sure if you know, but the suburban corvette club will be having an event at BIR next month at a discounted rate. They will have instructors who know your car and can help you get to the limits without exceeding them. Their rate is discounted from the normal BIR rate as well.

FattyBoomBatty 08-13-2010 01:02 AM

I support the demodding.

Kevin 1G Drummer 08-13-2010 07:29 AM

I'm guessing something happened that was a little un-nerving??

rose0529 08-13-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin 1G Drummer (Post 353139)

I'm guessing its to fit in a certain class for auto-x.

Is the stock exhaust a big restriction compared to what it has now? I know it came with a titanium muffler and tailpipe assembly to save weight (like 18lbs vs the standard C5 exhaust).

Matt D. 08-13-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin 1G Drummer (Post 353139)

Maybe, but I'm sure we've all had close calls on the road.

The C5 Z06 is extremely competitive in stock form in autocross. Throw on some R-compound tires and go have fun.

Ryan, what are you going to do for brakes?

niterydr 08-13-2010 08:20 AM

Good call Ryan.

MustGoFaster 08-13-2010 10:53 AM

It's for AutoX. The one corvette guy I talked to said I would be giving up about 40HP, between the intake and exhaust.

scheides 08-13-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FattyBoomBatty (Post 353129)
I support the demodding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustGoFaster (Post 353167)
It's for AutoX. The one corvette guy I talked to saied I would be giving up about 40HP, between the intake and exhaust.

I'm sorry, I really don't like demodding to fit into autoX rules. I hope its either temporary (for nationals or something?) or you have some different parts in mind. Modding is fun, more power is fun, going back to stock stuff is not aweful, but not on my list of fun things in life.

Matt D. 08-13-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 353227)
I'm sorry, I really don't like demodding to fit into autoX rules. I hope its either temporary (for nationals or something?) or you have some different parts in mind. Modding is fun, more power is fun, going back to stock stuff is not aweful, but not on my list of fun things in life.

You and I have already had this talk. There is no need for discussion this in this thread.

scheides 08-13-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D. (Post 353228)
You and I have already had this talk. There is no need for discussion this in this thread.

Yes we have, and there sure is, I think it sucks, ryan deserves to know my opinion. It's not my car though, he can do whatever he wants. I ain't hatin :)

Matt D. 08-13-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 353229)
Yes we have, and there sure is, I think it sucks, ryan deserves to know my opinion. It's not my car though, he can do whatever he wants. I ain't hatin :)

Yes, you are hating. He wants to compete and rules are rules. He has to follow them. It's unfortunate that you think every street car should be modified to your liking regardless of the owner's intentions.

Murlo26 08-13-2010 02:53 PM

I'd vote try to compete for a bit, if it still aint happening, like still getting stomped, screw it and make a fun street car. I see both sides of this argument, but before resorting to Scheides' methods I would say try the class out and see if you like it.

turbotalon1g 08-13-2010 03:24 PM

How is a stock C5 Z06 not a fun street car?
His joy in cars is competing, you guys obviously like to mod for some other reason.

Wait wait, you guys are right if you aren't throwing money at cars its not really that cool though.

I hope you rock it stock in the stock class and move up as you see fit.
If you wanna join in the fun night action, get a switchable tune and 150 shot.