MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Everything Racing (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   MAPerformance Proving Grounds Weekend @ BIR June 22-24th (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31157)

v8klla 06-25-2012 05:59 PM

Re: MAPerformance Proving Grounds Weekend @ BIR June 22-24th

Not with an external wastegate under it lol

MorningWood 06-25-2012 06:23 PM

I had a blast, I'm still having shifting issues, but managed to run a 10.41@142.15 and 3rd place in KS/U, Wish I could've gotten some good times during the actual Eliminations though, but my tranny said it just wanted to go home haha

Is it just me or was the racing much better this year than last year?

Tachyon 06-25-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorningWood (Post 409136)
Is it just me or was the racing much better this year than last year?

I think it was a lot better / competitive this year. I wish I could have been in normal SA as that looked like a good dogfight!

MustGoFaster 06-25-2012 07:46 PM

I had a blast on the AutoX course, and would like to give CWSCC a shout out for putting together a great AX event! Tons of fun hanging out and partying and watching some drag strip passes as well. I don't plan on missing one of these again!

AJ 06-25-2012 09:02 PM

congrats on the autox Ryan!

turbotalon1g 06-25-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8klla (Post 409134)
Not with an external wastegate under it lol

:lol: You got me, I won't have the external gate for stock appearing.

Murlo26 06-25-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 409152)
:lol: You got me, I won't have the external gate for stock appearing.

Man up, ran SA/U...looked about the same times anyway haha. However Paul did run gimp tune :)

Sounds like SA/U was under populated.

Yiddie 06-25-2012 11:06 PM

http://youtu.be/MvxUqTTkZeQ

Video of the evo crash at the road course.

CornFed2.4 06-25-2012 11:15 PM

Shitty!

Murlo26 06-25-2012 11:18 PM

Yea that is crazy...sucks for the owner to lose his evo. Looks like he had new rotors in there...guess his pads/fluid just wasn't up to the task. This is why road racing worries me...not only can i blow shit up, I can crash. Going straight is so much easier haha.

Shane@DBPerformance 06-25-2012 11:26 PM

That was interesting, I was driving the black Evo that turned right after he crashed. I couldn't tell what had happened, I saw the Evo against the wall as I was braking for the turn and then I hit all kinds of water and shit right after the turn that the Mustang had put left when he got back on. The wall the Evo hit is pretty far out there too, farther than it appears to be in that video.

cmspaz 06-26-2012 12:20 AM

Well, I finally found time to post up...

I was still on my self tune that made 350 at DB on 24psi, so I didn't have a chance at anything super impressive. I made two passes before calling it quits, I hadn't even started dropping my tire pressures from street levels at that point. First pass was a 12.1 @ 117, 1.9 60', had a decent 8th trap at 92mph, then it started braking up in the back half and killed any chance of a good run. I'd expect another couple mph out of it and easily mid 11s on a good launch. Second pass I let the clutch out a bit quick and hopped the crap out of the rear end, and in turn threw away my front half. Ended up running a 12.1 at 116. Coming back down the return lane my first gear was whining super loud under decel and slightly louder than normal while driving, I said fuck it and parked it after that. The hopping must have hammered the coast side pretty good as the tires grabbed and let go repeatedly. Still fine and drivable just loud and annoying. Still on the fence on what I'll do about it.

As for autox, Street Modified (SM) was easily one of the more competitive classes, and I managed 3rd in class, 19th overall, not bad on a fairly passive alignment and continued issues with break-up at WOT.

As it turned out, and I realized this when leaving after checking plugs and everything, that I'd gotten a bad tank of E85 from the Holiday on Xerxes in Brooklyn Center. I know the station has been accepted as iffy at best by a number of people (I myself have noticed extra knock after filling up there), but I just didn't want to go super far out of my way to fill up before leaving. Live and learn though, and I'd recommend avoiding the station at all costs if you can.

It was a super fun and exciting weekend for sure, but I just wish I could have had the car better prepared and had less issues. Hopefully next year I'll have everything squared away, my pile of suspension stuff in the basement rebuilt and in the car, and not break anything for once.

JET 06-26-2012 12:24 AM

Yeah, his angle in to the corner was WAY off. I think he was trying to catch the vette in front of him. I know how it gets when you start seeing red, I laid my bike down doing the same thing on the last turn. Slow in and fast out! Especially with the double apex turns at BIR.

99gsxjoel 06-26-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmspaz (Post 409160)
Well, I finally found time to post up...

I was still on my self tune that made 350 at DB on 24psi, so I didn't have a chance at anything super impressive. I made two passes before calling it quits, I hadn't even started dropping my tire pressures from street levels at that point. First pass was a 12.1 @ 117, 1.9 60', had a decent 8th trap at 92mph, then it started braking up in the back half and killed any chance of a good run. I'd expect another couple mph out of it and easily mid 11s on a good launch. Second pass I let the clutch out a bit quick and hopped the crap out of the rear end, and in turn threw away my front half. Ended up running a 12.1 at 116. Coming back down the return lane my first gear was whining super loud under decel and slightly louder than normal while driving, I said fuck it and parked it after that. The hopping must have hammered the coast side pretty good as the tires grabbed and let go repeatedly. Still fine and drivable just loud and annoying. Still on the fence on what I'll do about it.e.

Was this in a evo?

Dizmm 06-26-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET (Post 409161)
Yeah, his angle in to the corner was WAY off. I think he was trying to catch the vette in front of him. I know how it gets when you start seeing red, I laid my bike down doing the same thing on the last turn. Slow in and fast out! Especially with the double apex turns at BIR.

He lost brakes. When that happens you want to early apex and stay on the track as long as possible. He tried to scrub off as much speed as he could which is what you want to do. He probably shaved off 30-40mph by doing what he did.

Glad he is OK.

Having fresh brake fluid (racing fluid) and good pads for big track stuff is very important.

A//// Guy 06-26-2012 08:55 AM

Crazy vid, hope the guy is doing okay. His passenger just walked out like nothing happened, odd lol. Smashing up against that wall did some damage to the driver though Im sure.

munchgsx 06-26-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 409129)
Holy fak. What turbo setup you running now a days?

munchgsx 06-26-2012 09:26 AM

The guy in the evo will be fine. 3 broken ribs and some sort of back injury. He bought that car last Thursday strait off the dyno.

cmspaz 06-26-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99gsxjoel (Post 409167)
Was this in a evo?

Yep.

cmspaz 06-26-2012 10:02 AM

Also, did some research on the loud whining, it's normal on 8s that get launched and Shep's reported response is that you can replace the gear but it'll just do it again. People have upwards of 50 more passes on these gears with no extra issues or problems, though some report extra notchiness. I'll just rock it until it gets worse like everyone else apparently does.