MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695)

Halon 05-04-2012 07:47 AM

Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

Good job! I should give you my number, I was basically just putsing around Blaine yesterday nothing to do, I coulda came and gave you a hand.

Yes a fairly stock $30k Vette won't be as fast as your car. But there is something to be said about a 400hp vette that you just put the key in and drive and enjoy every single day, vs. a 600hp DSM that could definately wax it any day of the week, as long as it's actually running (and running well) that week...

Its easy for us to say ditch it because we don't have all the $$$ and sweat into it that you do. Good luck with whatever you choose! I think you are going to end up disappointed if you think that you're going to be issue free for the next 30k miles...

93gtpeater 05-04-2012 07:52 AM

Glad to see its drivable again. Hope it makes it the rest of the year without anymore problems.

turbotalon1g 05-04-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93gtpeater (Post 405659)
Glad to see its drivable again. Hope it makes it the rest of the year without anymore problems.

X2.

Now get out there and let me spot you guys! I'll be in the scary looking honda. :loser:

Murlo26 05-04-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 405653)
Nice work sir! See you saturday? :)

Yep, thats the plan. Bringing some Corona to enjoy for Cinco de Mayo. Just going to sit back and relax and watch some cars :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 405656)
Good job! I should give you my number, I was basically just putsing around Blaine yesterday nothing to do, I coulda came and gave you a hand.

Yes a fairly stock $30k Vette won't be as fast as your car. But there is something to be said about a 400hp vette that you just put the key in and drive and enjoy every single day, vs. a 600hp DSM that could definately wax it any day of the week, as long as it's actually running (and running well) that week...

Its easy for us to say ditch it because we don't have all the $$$ and sweat into it that you do. Good luck with whatever you choose! I think you are going to end up disappointed if you think that you're going to be issue free for the next 30k miles...

I hear you. And trust me, after driving the corvette on the cruise I am starting to have a huge appreciation for the whole stockish car feeling again.

I don't think I will be issue free at all for 30k, lol. What I meant was, I don't think my motor will have to be pulled for 30k, at least I don't think it should have to. Everything this year doesn't really bother me as its not too costly to fix. I just don't want to have another 10k motor build!

It's working now, I drove it to work and am happy about it. Time to wash it and drive it while I can :)

rose0529 05-04-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlo26 (Post 405681)
It's working now, I drove it to work and am happy about it.

Wohoo! See you tomorrow. Glad you're back on the road!

Murlo26 05-09-2012 09:55 AM

GoPro hero2 comes today!

I so badly wanted to not buy it as there are other car mods to buy yet and money for fixing shit lol, but I needed one at some point.

I'll get some test vids up later.

Kracka 05-09-2012 10:21 AM

Needed one?

Murlo26 05-09-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 406171)
Needed one?

Ok, well just really wanted. But I plan to use it at proving grounds and other fun times!

Need in my mind though :)

Kracka 05-09-2012 10:39 AM

:)

Murlo26 05-10-2012 10:13 AM

Well I was busy last night doing logging and forgot the gopro needed to be charged, I will try and test it out tonight for fun.

I came to a realization though, I know why tuners hate DW injectors!!!! Because they suck to tune lol.

I am on revision 8 now for scaling/latencies and have done ~45 minutes of logging for each, that is over 5 hours of scaling lol. Still not dialed in yet. Ugh. I remember why I pay people for this shit, but I am learning a lot. I will get my trims under +/- 5% yet! The best I have seen so far on these is +/- 8%.

scheides 05-10-2012 10:28 AM

How are you still screwing around with your injectors? I thought they were set?

Buy some FIC 1680's man, they're not as bad as everyone says ;)

Murlo26 05-10-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 406275)
How are you still screwing around with your injectors? I thought they were set?

Buy some FIC 1680's man, they're not as bad as everyone says ;)

I have no idea, they suck, lol. They just seem very very inconsistent. I have done tons of logging and just when you start to think you are getting close they wonder around for trims like crazy.

I am running my stock intake duct taped in there basically right now so I am on stock MAF scaling to try and get the injectors perfect.

Maybe I should just upgrade to the 1680's. So you haven't seen any problems on them? Did you have to do any minIPW shit? And they run pump gas well enough to put a tank through every once in a while?

scheides 05-10-2012 10:37 AM

Yes I had to drop minIPW but it was a single, simple change and no issues since then. They ran like crap w/o that change.

They run great on pump gas.

The scaling/latancies I'm using are from mrfred...shane kinda hates them b/c the car does some goofy shit but end of the day it starts every time just fine (just fixed hot start issue this week actually, but that was minor), and the car drives good and smooth. AFRs are very consistent on the street.

Kracka 05-10-2012 10:43 AM

Reading this makes me love my ID1000's even more...you would never, ever, know they're anything but stock (idle, drivability, start-up, etc.) :)

Does ID make anything between their 1k's and 2k's?

Murlo26 05-10-2012 10:47 AM

Hmmm, well I emailed MAP to see if they have any in stock. If they do maybe I will impulse buy them and dump my DW's.

Kracka, if ID made anything close to what I need, even 1200's would probably work, I'd run those all day long. But nope, just 1k to 2k for them and I don't want to deal with the 2000's on stock ECU, they can work well but it takes a lot of work. And frankly I want to beat on my car some! I haven't gone WOT in months now.

I also have to swap in my hobbs switch to get rid of the blaq box I have. I don't care for it and I think it just complicates things and I don't see an advantage.

Kracka 05-10-2012 10:50 AM

Are you sure the ID1k's wouldn't work for you? They're rated conservatively and I'm probably around only 50-60% IDC right now.

Murlo26 05-10-2012 10:56 AM

Pretty sure. I was over 100% duty cycle on my DW1000's on my FPred setup at a lot less power. At least I think I was. 420whp vs. 500whp on DB's dyno.

I wouldn't buy anything smaller, mine work, just not great. And I don't want to spend money unless its a for sure thing.

scheides 05-10-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 406282)
Are you sure the ID1k's wouldn't work for you? They're rated conservatively and I'm probably around only 50-60% IDC right now.

There's no way those would be enough on his car. ID was going to make 1500's, same as my FIC 1680's but they got the plug pulled on them for some reason.

Kracka 05-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 406277)
shane kinda hates them b/c the car does some goofy shit

Quote:

Originally Posted by scheides (Post 406285)
ID was going to make 1500's, same as my FIC 1680's but they got the plug pulled on them for some reason.

Probably that.

Murlo26 05-10-2012 11:28 AM

ID had 1600's out for quite a while actually. They pulled there injectors first (they were based on the same injector as the FIC 1680's).

FIC did their own testing and still have the 1680's but they are strictly E85 rated only due to the fuel temp issues.