MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   So I finally get it running... (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30650)

mondale 10-24-2011 10:24 PM

So I finally get it running...

I have literally had the talon running for 300 miles. When looking at my fuel feed line, I was approached by an elderly woman in my apartment parking lot. She informed me that my car was loud, and that she had reported me. I found the following letter stuck in my door upon my return from a cruise. I hope someone else finds this as comical as I do.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...9512659972.jpg

Fvucking glasspacks?? Really?

Wade

scheides 10-24-2011 10:37 PM

Re: So I finally get it running...

Be as respectful as possible of your neighbors, no hotrodding or engine revving if possible. Otherwise, better save for a quieter exhaust :D

Tachyon 10-24-2011 11:05 PM

BWAHAHAHA!

That's too funny... especially since a turbo Sirius engine is not particularly loud, even sans exhaust.

mike55112 10-24-2011 11:08 PM

HAHA. Thats awesome, now when's the tune and where are the big numbers?

asshanson 10-24-2011 11:17 PM

Is this underground parking with units right above? If it's outside that is crazy, do you park at a nursing home? 2-stepping out of the parking lot?

That is a pretty funny note though, I hate getting blasted out of bed by glass packs!

FattyBoomBatty 10-24-2011 11:25 PM

It's also possible to have a quiet car that makes lots of power. You should be able to have an inside-voice level conversation in and around the car except perhaps directly behind the vehicle. That is of course, unless it's making 800hp.

Super Bleeder!! 10-24-2011 11:40 PM

If i got woken up a few times by some loud ass dsm i'd be mad too!

goodhart 10-25-2011 06:19 AM

Wade post some pics up of this hog.

I had a few whiny fucks complain about me "revving up my motor late at night" in the Evo once. I was troubleshooting and started and shut off the car 3 times, never once touching the gas pedal, all between the times of 6-7 PM. LOL! I live in an smaller apartment building (~12 units) with underground parking.

Some people just have to bitch.

Now get some pics up of this beast!

turbotalon1g 10-25-2011 09:05 AM

I hate loud exhaust, I'd be pissed if someone was waking me up to.

A//// Guy 10-25-2011 09:10 AM

I had somewhat louder exhaust on all my cars and never got a complaint living in multiple apartment buildings. You guys must have hella loud cars.

Tachyon 10-25-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A//// Guy (Post 394791)
You guys must have hella loud cars.

Or some super intolerable, complain-about-everything neighbors. Even with just a downpipe, I could barely hear my DSM idling inside my house 20 feet away. "blasted out of bed" by a super low pitched engine, that could easily be confused for a passing lorry, is a bit absurd.

Goat Blower 10-25-2011 11:17 AM

Please, 99% of all modded DSM's I've seen are loud, especially to someone that doesn't give a crap about cars. I'm embarrassed by how loud mine is and I'm very careful about even pulling out of my driveway to keep it as quiet as possible until I get around to putting another muffler on it. At an apartment, I'd be a little less concerned since apartments are always going to be loud and you get what you get. But you'll do the car community a great service by not being one of those jackasses who purposely try to piss people off with your car. Put yourself in someone else's shoes for a change.

cmspaz 10-25-2011 11:19 AM

LOL, mine got louder after hollowing the cat and I can still have a conversation behind it at normal volume. Sure, you can hear it coming down the street, but if that's enough to get you out of bed, you're a light sleeper, and they make things called ear plugs and white noise machines that solve that problem.

People are dumb.

turbotalon1g 10-25-2011 11:45 AM

^Your normal conversation level is probably most people yelling thru a megaphone!! lol

Just say:
http://www.gowherehiphop.com/wp-cont...oprah-umad.gif

Then tell them:
http://becauseracecar.org/wp-content...UD-650x405.jpg

tpunx99GSX 10-25-2011 11:56 AM

I always had Apexi N1s on my DSMs. But i would always make sure that i didn't start her up late at night. I had one person complain but it was because i had Project2g over one day and he was revving or idling. The sound travels with the low rumbles. And the person just took me aside and asked if i could keep it down.
The problem is that Low Frequencies travel better than the higher frequencies. So the low bass of the exhaust is going to annoy the fuck out of people. If you can't keep your car quiet, put in the silencer.

tpunx99GSX 10-25-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 394799)

Is it me or is anyone else really turned on by this gif. "Ohhhhhhh prah."

MATCHBX 10-25-2011 12:03 PM

I used to not care about loud cars and stuff. But now that I have a baby, I get really annoyed if some jerk with a loud stereo or exhaust has to sit and rev their engine or crank their stereo when they come into the neighborhood late at night or very early in the morning. Especially if it wakes her up and she gets cranky from it. Those with kids will understand what I'm saying about wanting to keep it peaceful when the baby finally goes to sleep.

mondale 10-25-2011 03:23 PM

Well the best part is that the car has literally been idling in and out of the lot, besides a quick blip of the throttle to get the car moving. It is an outside lot with the garages far away from the apartment. It sounds kind of like Mark's car, it has the same exhaust setup as his does I think. I am just waking up each day for work at 5:30 and definitely not outside trying to launch shop rags out of my exhaust. I don't care to be disturbed sometimes, so I try to be as polite as possible when I am working on the car in my garage, etc. I will be tuning the car *if nothing else breaks in a few days* hopefully Friday and we will see how it does. I want my pics to be followed by dyno charts and timeslips lol. I know I don't really have a season left, but it would be cool to cruise around tuned! That reminds me, where is everyone getting their e98?? I have just been using e85 for the time being.

Wade

93gtpeater 10-25-2011 03:32 PM

I get e100 from iowa. my buddies dad blends it down to e90 for his drag car. If I knew you needed some I could of had him save some for you. He gets it for free from some guy that owns a place in iowa that makes flex fuel.

turbotalon1g 10-25-2011 03:40 PM

Free fuel!! Me wants some!!

Wade? Track is open this weekend, fun day on sat. and headache i mean sport compact day on sunday.