MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Engine work? (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36038)

Enes 12-14-2020 02:37 PM

Engine work?

1 Attachment(s)
:google: but i would rather :mitsu:

Man i have not been on here in a decade, or around the eclipse..... been sitting and waiting for time....

So need to get some work done on the engine.. Its probably easy work for all you experienced mechanics. but not for me :( What shop is the place to go now?

Need following..
Valve seals,
bearings+thrustwasher, it hasn't walked, its within spec, but since i have engine out i'd like to get that replaced.
new clutch and possibly new flywheel, (whats a good setup these days..
Its for a FWD) i had 2600 act before.
setup speed density with dsmlink.

and the shop to assemble the engine/trany and reinstall into the car.

:c9598f74:

That is 12 years worth of dust on it... not a spec of rust anywhere..

Speedfreak 12-14-2020 02:41 PM

Re: Engine work?

Enes! Good to hear from you. Hope all is well!

That being said, for a DSM, probably just go chat with Shane at DB.

Kracka 12-14-2020 02:52 PM

Still a gorgeous car!

I'd suggest either DB or MAP. If you liked the ACT2600 nothing wrong with sticking with that or something similar (CCI perhaps?). You could go twin disc, but likely not needed, and a lot of them have an annoying rattle at idle.

Goat Blower 12-15-2020 09:39 AM

Looks good Enes, my favorite 2G is still the 97+ with the high wing in black.

I think there's way better clutches these days, 2600's were rough for daily driving. I can't remember exactly what I had when I sold the car, but it felt like stock and could handle 400whp, it was the perfect setup.

I'd agree with Kracka, either DB or MAP are good options, depending on what side of the cities you're on, they are at the complete opposite corners of town these days. :lol:

turbotalon1g 12-15-2020 01:46 PM

wow, that's impressive!

Tachyon 12-16-2020 11:16 AM

For modern DSM clutches, you might want to read into the Southbend / kevlar full-faced disc combo. Seems to be a more modern option with less clutch pressure but same torque-holding values. Big plus for 7-bolt guys as it saves the crank thrust washers.

If you remember Tim Zimmer from back in the day, he sells a pretty figured out combo on his site

Goat Blower 12-16-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachyon (Post 466142)
For modern DSM clutches, you might want to read into the Southbend / kevlar full-faced disc combo. Seems to be a more modern option with less clutch pressure but same torque-holding values. Big plus for 7-bolt guys as it saves the crank thrust washers.

If you remember Tim Zimmer from back in the day, he sells a pretty figured out combo on his site

Bingo, that's what I had, a Southbend full face setup. That was a great combo for a fun street car compared to the old days where my left leg was twice the size of my right. :smile:

Kracka 12-16-2020 12:34 PM

I had a Southbend in my beater LaZer and concur, it was a great clutch. I had the early prototype Competition (CCI) full-face kevlar in my Evo IX for testing and it was very smooth for DD-duty, but did not like taking the heat from abuse; I'm sure the technology has greatly improved in the past decade+ though.

Halon 12-23-2020 08:14 PM

I don't think MAP services customer cars anymore. So I'd probably just go to DB.

niterydr 01-14-2021 07:50 AM

+7 for the Southbend Clutch; we sold a lot of those back in the day and seldom, if ever, had an issue. For the rest of it; I would recommend DB in MN.