MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Project Talk (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Whats new with Teh Gheyrod... (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20552)

Halon 12-07-2008 12:40 PM

Re: Whats new with Teh Gheyrod...

Thanks for the info :D

scheides 12-07-2008 02:52 PM

This bar was cake to install, a little cutting but nothing major.

http://www.scheides.com/albums/hughe...9259.sized.jpg

http://www.scheides.com/albums/hughe...9261.sized.jpg

http://www.scheides.com/albums/hughe...9263.sized.jpg

You could put the carpet over it too, if you want, but we figured it'd help keep it from sliding around so much. :)

Kracka 01-16-2009 06:21 PM

Been a while since I updated this, but I installed a Perrin air filter right after the air filter shootout that we did. Also, today my car put down a baseline of 378whp (MAP's AWD Dynojet) @ 22psi (I run ~25 on the street) with BP 92-octane. More info on what we're doing and the results tomorrow hopefully :D

Halon 01-16-2009 06:27 PM

Nice numbers!

polishmafia 01-16-2009 08:54 PM

Wow Chris... Good numbers!

rose0529 01-16-2009 10:32 PM

Wow nice!

Kracka 01-17-2009 05:33 PM

Well, we of course ran into issues today so no new dyno results to post :( At least I got my new 10th anniversary edition Skunk2 shift knob installed...

Swifty1638 01-17-2009 08:50 PM

new dyno numbers? what else changed? and what good does that bar right at the far back of the truck do? not like it's at a structual stiffening point on the car, like a tower brace would..

-A. Swift

EclipseGST 01-17-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifty1638 (Post 273245)
new dyno numbers? what else changed? and what good does that bar right at the far back of the truck do? not like it's at a structual stiffening point on the car, like a tower brace would..

-A. Swift

Actually it probably would help if removing the bumper bar that probably weighs quite a bit more than that bar.

Not sure on the actual performance of it but it looks as if it were to replace the bumper bar.

Kracka 01-17-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swifty1638 (Post 273245)

-A. Swift

This fall during the fall dyno day I put down 359whp, since then the Perrin air filter, Perrin FMIC, and Nisei UICP has been added. 19 more whp at 3 lbs less boost is a great gain for those mods IMO.

The trunk bar does work to stiffen the chassis; it comes stock in the Evo RS models. Cusco, Beatrush, and many other Japanese suspension companies make aftermarket versions, but I decided to stock with the OEM Mitsu version.

Kracka 01-17-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipseGST (Post 273247)
Actually it probably would help if removing the bumper bar that probably weighs quite a bit more than that bar.

Not sure on the actual performance of it but it looks as if it were to replace the bumper bar.

The Evo's bumper supports are very lightweight and not much is to be gained by removing them (unlike on 1G DSMs).

311evo 01-18-2009 02:03 AM

good numbers sofar, hope the best on working out your issues and getting some new numbers posted!

btw, what issues did you run into?

Kracka 01-18-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 311evo (Post 273275)
btw, what issues did you run into?

Throttle body shaft seals leaking like crazy on the new throttle body and then not being able to get my stock throttle body to seal against the new intake manifold.

scheides 01-18-2009 10:12 AM

Just so everyone knows, I hate teh gheyrod. Fall dyno day last year, my car made 387whp/385wtq on map's dyno. On 29psi w/ alky. For the airfilter shootout it made 378whp/361wtq on 29psi, new cams, and really weak timing numbers due to crap E70. My car put down 368whp/348wtq at DB's dyno earlier in the year, so at the time my numbers felt weak, and now they feel extra weak to say the least :) I'm sure some dyno time will cure the gap but for the meantime.....I'm green with envy :P

Kevin 1G Drummer 01-19-2009 10:00 AM

^^ Teh Gheyrod put down more powa cuz he got da VTEC Yo!

Kracka 01-19-2009 01:20 PM

While I sit here at work my car is making pulls! I'm anxiously awaiting the results :)

Kracka 01-19-2009 08:11 PM

Conclusions:
The new billet Skunk2 68mm throttle body is a piece of shit and basic intake manifold porting is worthless.

The car is making the exact same power with the basic ported intake manifold and stock throttle body. We couldn't even get the new throttle body to work b/c Skunk decided against using seals in the throttle body shaft (kind of important!). When I say basic intake manifold porting I mean going about 2" into the runner gasket matching and smoothing the flow.

mdost03 01-19-2009 08:25 PM

Hmm, interesting results.

Halon 01-19-2009 08:39 PM

who ported the Intake Manifold?

Kracka 01-19-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 273469)
who ported the Intake Manifold?

The port-work was very nicely done and basically matches what Buschur, PPI, Mil.Spec, etc. do and sell as their ported intake manifolds (we're calling this our V1). The end purpose will be to beat those currently available with two ported intake manifolds versions (V2 and V3) to be tested and officially announced at a later date. These will be sold by MAP once we've proven them to perform well and be a worthwhile modification. Supposedly Skunk2 is over-nighting us a fix for the throttle body but I'm not going to hold my breath just yet.