MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Want to buy (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   WTB Aluminum Radiator w/ Slim Fan (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32032)

dsm_talontsi 09-05-2012 11:08 AM

WTB Aluminum Radiator w/ Slim Fan

Looking for a good condition radiator (preferably Mishimoto). Also need a slim fan to fit it.

boostintsi1990 09-06-2012 03:25 AM

Re: WTB Aluminum Radiator w/ Slim Fan

cxracing on ebay under 160 shipped brand new. Rad and 2 sim fans. you really can't beat it. just a thought tho, its the same core as the mishimoto I dont care what anyone saids..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190539378041...041%26_rdc%3D1

dsm_talontsi 09-06-2012 06:45 PM

Anyone else have some input on this?

tehehodi 09-06-2012 06:56 PM

I've only seen people run mishimoto...

EclipseGST 09-06-2012 06:59 PM

A radiator is a radiator... Its job is to keep liquid cool. I would say go for it.

Its not like its an intercooler where you have to worry about flow, thickness, style (bar and plate vs tube and fin), is one better than another, etc etc...

Why wouldnt it work like any other aluminum radiator? Are the dimensions larger than stock radiators?

dsmghost 09-06-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipseGST (Post 413513)
A radiator is a radiator... Its job is to keep liquid cool. I would say go for it.

Its not like its an intercooler where you have to worry about flow, thickness, style (bar and plate vs tube and fin), is one better than another, etc etc...

Why wouldnt it work like any other aluminum radiator? Are the dimensions larger than stock radiators?

Actually there are differences in radiators as well, just like intercoolers. Some radiators definitely cool better than others.

EclipseGST 09-06-2012 08:39 PM

Well i know this when it comes to rally/road race cars and so forth but i dont believe a fluidyne, mishimoto, koyo or whatever else is out there for our cars will make that much of a difference compared to that ebay one... A lot of dsmers run honda half radiators with no issues at all.

dsmghost 09-06-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipseGST (Post 413525)
Well i know this when it comes to rally/road race cars and so forth but i dont believe a fluidyne, mishimoto, koyo or whatever else is out there for our cars will make that much of a difference compared to that ebay one... A lot of dsmers run honda half radiators with no issues at all.

Im sure it would do fine. I wonder how the warranty compares to Mishimoto's lifetime no questions asked warranty? I would pay for the better warranty and quality, but that's just me.

EclipseGST 09-06-2012 09:13 PM

You are one of the few dsmers that would do that! Haha

Most are cheap asses who go for the cheapest way to make power and get by to turn around and complain when their shit breaks and wonder why...

1999Gst 09-07-2012 01:50 AM

i have one with a fan mounted, pmd you

Pushit2.0 09-07-2012 03:10 AM

If you ask me a cooling system all boils (pun intended) down to coolant volume and fan cfm and proper shrouding. If you are looking for new contact MAP.

~John

carltalon 09-07-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostintsi1990 (Post 413451)
cxracing on ebay under 160 shipped brand new. Rad and 2 sim fans. you really can't beat it. just a thought tho, its the same core as the mishimoto I dont care what anyone saids..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190539378041...041%26_rdc%3D1

I have this radiator and fan setup.Its a pretty good radiator and fitment is good But the fans dont flow enuf air to cool my car with the A/C on. If you dont have A/C you will be fine.

dsm_talontsi 09-07-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1999Gst (Post 413545)
i have one with a fan mounted, pmd you

Thank you for the merchandise. Ill be sending you a short list of things I might need, I am interested in that manifold still.

boostintsi1990 09-08-2012 09:09 PM

this rad set up is good and the core is the same as a mishimoto...my buddy bought a used one and I go this same set up and we compare. the cores are the same I bet you could not tell the difference if you seen this side by side with the logo/names off...like to add the dimensions of both cores are the same....

so go head and buy a 200+ rad and fan kit. I'll stick with my ebay kit that keeps my car just as cool for less. I drove to shootout 5 hours for me temp never went past 183 even going up mountains and ran 11.5@119 and drove back with no issues. Then I drove about 2 hours to another track 5 days later and ran 11.3 @124. Also my buddy just ran 11.0 @ 132... So yeah go spend the extra money cause its gonna make your car cooler and faster. hahahaha