MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   Official MitsuStyle.com Topics (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Official 2005 Challenge Thread (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6303)

john 01-29-2005 02:12 AM

Re: Challenge Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipseTurbo
Unlike you Hort guys I already said I am meticulous with my cars. I do all the work myself so I will only need someone to spray some blue either on the whole fender or mend it in if I dont do alot of work on it.

Ive already reundercoated my car a year after I bought it, you guys dont appreciate that kind of stuff, that is why my car will be/is nicer ;) Oh and your opinion doesnt count :) Maybe I will have it forever, but thats not the point. Theres a difference here... your name fits your cars and I do the opposite. To me its embarassing to drive a car full of rust or looking like a POS.

I like my car to look good just as much as I like to mod for speed.

I re-undercoated part of my car also. The car had a leak at the t-case and went in for the recall. I re-undercoated that area as some of it was gone. The rest was fine. Wouldn't saying doing all the work mean painting the car also??? To fix the rust problem, you should probly cut out sections and weld in new ones. IMO it is the right way to do it. How are you sure it is surface rust until you scratch the paint or grind away? If it was just a fender, I would replace it with a junk yard one. We have a couple paint guns but I haven't sprayed in a year and a half. James could possibly do it for you. He took the class at Hennipen Tech.

Iceman 01-29-2005 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JET
Ummm... It says I haven't hit the dyno. Do you have difficulty understanding english? I will still whoop your ass any which way about it! I am not going to go quite as extreme as I was, the car will probably end up with 575-600 whp and ~2850 lbs. I was going to do a small shot of nitrous, but I am not now and I am not going to do the lightening that I was going to.
!

Stop talkin so much shit. You know you can't put a engine together correctly. I would love to see your car put down 600WHP. Is it going to happen? Hell no it isn't. How about this. You set the date for the dyno and I well be there. If you make that 600FWHP mark fine than you win BUT if you fail I get to laugh right in your face (was going to happen at any rate). Either way I come out ahead. Lets see if you figure out why.

Nash: Yeah your car would beat a lot of beaters. If your "beater" has a upgraded turbo than it aint no beater. Shit the turbo is probly worth more than what you bought the car for. You do the math. If its on the stock turbo than all the power to you.

Graig: Out of all the people I have met on DSMstyle you amuse me the most. I mean seriously man ITS THE FUCKING INTERNET!

Plain and simple. You three should be named "GAY". For well...... just being plain gay. Let it be know!

john 01-29-2005 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman
Stop talkin so much shit. You know you can't put a engine together correctly. I would love to see your car put down 600WHP. Is it going to happen? Hell no it isn't. How about this. You set the date for the dyno and I well be there. If you make that 600FWHP mark fine than you win BUT if you fail I get to laugh right in your face (was going to happen at any rate). Either way I come out ahead. Lets see if you figure out why.

Nash: Yeah your car would beat a lot of beaters. If your "beater" has a upgraded turbo than it aint no beater. Shit the turbo is probly worth more than what you bought the car for. You do the math. If its on the stock turbo than all the power to you.

Graig: Out of all the people I have met on DSMstyle you amuse me the most. I mean seriously man ITS THE FUCKING INTERNET!

Plain and simple. You three should be named "GAY". For well...... just being plain gay. Let it be know!

Hilarious!

Nash 01-29-2005 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92tsiawd84
So wait. You has stuck less than $8,000 into it and it is still your $360 car huh. I will make you a hell of a deal then. I will buy it for $2160. That would be a great return on your $360 investment (6X). Deal???

Did I say anywhere that my car was worth $360? Nope, I bought it for $360, $5 more then you wanted to pay for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92tsiawd84
Nash, out of curiosity, what was your best time at the track last year? I know you were making 100 more whp than the year before when you ran the 11.2.

Quicker then you have ever been, 11.6@128 I forgot how to drive over the winter.

Quote:

It's still my fuckin beater car. How many people to do you know that would run 40psi numers times on a dyno with there non-beater, stock bottom end car?

And that's enough of the personal remarks, from everyone! If you have a problem with some one I say take it up in person and stop hiding behind your monitor and keyboard.

A//// Guy 01-29-2005 02:27 AM

John- Its very minimal rust that I have been covering with grease for the past 2 years and its still the same size. The previous owner got back into on the one side and it caused some scratches and dented in the part a little that is rusting at the dent seam. I dont think i will have to weld in a new section on that side, I already did that on the other side haha. I bought the car in POS status and I fixed everything. I worked with a local body shop down the road that let me do all the work and they sprayed it in their booth. Was an awesome deal because I got to do all the bondo work and everything (to the front bumper which was all cracked apart). That is why I will have that guy paint it. He also painted our 62' alum. boat that we restored.

john 01-29-2005 02:27 AM

Quicker than I will ever be. Wheel spin is a big issue for you and John. Almost need slicks.

slowHonduh 01-29-2005 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash

It's still my fuckin beater car. How many people to do you know that would run 40psi numers times on a dyno with there non-beater, stock bottom end car?

40psi on what?? a 16g?? what's that good for like 350whp?? rofl

little turbos, lotsa boost, little power ;)

Nash 01-29-2005 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93BoostedAcclude
40psi on what?? a 16g?? what's that good for like 350whp?? rofl

little turbos, lotsa boost, little power ;)

Yeah, you are right, 350whp. So lets run 'em. Say we put $100 on it?

slowHonduh 01-29-2005 03:15 AM

We'll have to set this up early this spring. hahaha i can't wait for this shit. I swear people are just giving money away nowadays.

(Nash: not a personal attack at you, and i'm not really this big of an asshole. it is a challenge thread, and sometimes people get nasty. I just like get people going sometimes that's all. i have no problem with you and would like to keep it that way.) :)

Nash 01-29-2005 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93BoostedAcclude
We'll have to set this up early this spring. hahaha i can't wait for this shit. I swear people are just giving money away nowadays.

(Nash: not a personal attack at you, and i'm not really this big of an asshole. it is a challenge thread, and sometimes people get nasty. I just like get people going sometimes that's all. i have no problem with you and would like to keep it that way.) :)

Wait until spring, why? Let's do it now. I won't even turn the boost up. I guess I can wait until spring, just gives me some motovation to get my car tuned and making that "350whp". But we do this from a stop, none of this from a roll shit. Real racing is from a stop.

santa 01-29-2005 04:04 AM

so wait... this "hort" crew who in my opinion... Have no idea about whats going on with a dsm... just look at the set-up thats sitting at qpr I mean come on... lol you all know what I'm talking about lol.... anyways. I'm up for what ever comes my way for a drag...

Kevin

Iceman 01-29-2005 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santa
so wait... this "hort" crew who in my opinion... Have no idea about whats going on with a dsm... just look at the set-up thats sitting at qpr I mean come on... lol you all know what I'm talking about lol.... anyways. I'm up for what ever comes my way for a drag...

Kevin

Sadly some people concider your opinion to count as something. I don't think you know any of us to make that judgement call. Besides I have never met you and it sounds like your going off a lot of hearsay.

Well im glad someone finally said something about the "set-up" at QPR. I guess I should thank you for stating that in a public thread so all can view. Now I really see what kind of business they run. So thank you.

BTW kevin how is wyotech going? You go to the cowboy much?

Halon 01-29-2005 09:32 AM

Anyone down to race a purple, slower then stock tsi? anyone? maybe the prism?

TheBlizzard 01-29-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D.
Don't forgot who said that no personal attacks will be allowed in this thread.

Thanks Matt, but who said that? Go back and look buddy, I said "no threatening" which is different from calling names.

CRAIG

TheBlizzard 01-29-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

Ahhhh Mr. Iceman, I knew you would be here soon enough, after all geeks do usually come in packs. I thought you would have known better than to flap your lips. Mr. Pipe dream that never panned out. Hey everybody lets go by a AEM and GT35R and then I can tell people that my car is going to be fast. Boy I am impressed. Where is all that stuff sitting a year later? Where is this quarter mile monster? The last I saw you were driving mommy and daddys SUV to the track and watching us race. So before you talk should look in the mirror, I hope that you don't see a rainbow over your head though.;)

Oh yeah your right it is the INTERNET. But there isn't one thing that I say on here that I wouldn't say to any of your faces, and there isn't one thing any of you could do about it. Thats why you guys have what they call "keyboard muscles", because I guarantee if you were looking any of us in the eye you would be singing a lot different tune.

CRAIG

Matt D. 01-29-2005 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRAIG
Thanks Matt, but who said that? Go back and look buddy, I said "no threatening" which is different from calling names.

CRAIG

Yeah, calling someone a faggot who is obviously straight is the wittiest remark you can come up with, right? ;)

95tsi 01-29-2005 10:34 AM

This site used to be kinda cool. I didn't think the DSM guys/girls on this site are quite as bad as others. Guess I was wrong. Maybe I'll see some of you at the track but, hopefully not.

AJ 01-29-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95tsi
This site used to be kinda cool. I didn't think the DSM guys/girls on this site are quite as bad as others. Guess I was wrong. Maybe I'll see some of you at the track but, hopefully not.

I own the site and am starting to think the same way. But hey the people bashing back and forth wanted this so there ya be.

TheBlizzard 01-29-2005 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D.
Yeah, calling someone a faggot who is obviously straight is the wittiest remark you can come up with, right? ;)

Yeah. I am new at this arguing stuff.;)

CRAIG

Jana 01-29-2005 10:43 AM

Seems we can't please everyone.....people were pissed and bitching & moaning at locking threads, now they are bitching about this thread too. Gee, I am beginning to think men hormones are worse than women's..... :D