MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

95tsi 02-26-2012 03:47 PM

Re: House Projects

Sounds like a good choice in exterior. If your looking for gutters or have any questions on them PM me. The color Shell is a stock item for gutters the Sandalwood is a slightly off color to match but should be able to get real close. I would advise to make sure the roofers use proper Drip/D edge vs the ever so common siders edge which is worthless. Also might be worth checking into the hail/impact resistant shingles for an insurance discount; vinyl siding will cost slightly more for insurance as well.

BriK 02-27-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 400643)
You said you got Frigidaire Gallery appliances? That's pretty much exactly what we are looking for. They had a decent deal but we didn't want the side by side freezer/fridge. We want a bottom door style fridge. The one we want is more $$, but they wouldn't let us upgrade the fridge to a different one for that deal. So we're going to look elsewhere.

Yeah, Frigidaire Gallery in stainless steel from the location in St. Louis Park. We worked with a couple different people on different occasions and had no issues at all.

We were going to get the package of all new appliances but we were able to find scratch-and-dents with no obvious imperfections (we only noticed the imperfections after 4 weeks of owning them) for a only a slightly higher price; our dishwasher was the only new piece. That also meant we could upgrade to the French-Door fridge and double oven without hassle or useless upcharge.

cmspaz 03-01-2012 04:38 PM

Brandon, I know you've decided on plans already, but I stumbled across this online and figured it might be worth a look:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...44618239_n.jpg

:D

Tachyon 03-01-2012 04:52 PM

That looks good, Spaz, but why is the garage so small?

Halon 03-01-2012 05:15 PM

LOL. Garage could double as a theater room too, its perfect!

niterydr 03-01-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 400932)
LOL. Garage could double as a theater room too, its perfect!

Retractable screen = drive in.

Done and done.

Shane@DBPerformance 03-01-2012 06:47 PM

Looks big enough for a dyno too.

Halon 03-05-2012 07:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We have a dirt hole!

Also picked out a whole bunch of other stuff today. Carpet (the middle one), different carpet for the sunroom, Master Bath Tile, laminate counter tops for the kitchen, interior wall paint (light beige), we also switched the exterior paint to 1 shade darker beige. We are pretty excited!!

Apparently one neighbor came out yelling at the excavator about removing some of the trees they had to remove, saying he didn't want those removed. So our builder had to have a nice talk with the neighbor telling him sorry but it's not his lot, lol.

Kracka 03-05-2012 07:32 PM

Mowed my yard and trimmed my bushes today...phew, what a project! :D

Sparky2211 03-05-2012 07:35 PM

Anyone visit any of the parade of homes this weekend? I went to a few in Edina/Tonka/Plymouth to get some ideas. Always nice to visit some 1.8mill homes that I will never be able to afford.

Halon 03-05-2012 07:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
We went to about 20 houses this weekend in the parade. The $2m home in Chanhassen was unreal! I think we might steal their idea of putting a huge viewing window in the theater room, so people can watch even when they aren't in the room, the can pull up a barstool and sit at the viewing window at the bartop.

Here's pics of it.

A//// Guy 03-05-2012 08:08 PM

For 2 million bills, that house seems small!

Brandon why did they remove any trees at all? They seemed plenty far away from the house... Id spare all trees, since Blaine seems to have a shortage.

Halon 03-05-2012 09:07 PM

Some trees were removed because they were where the garage will be. They are keeping as many as possible.

TkrPerformance 03-05-2012 09:11 PM

aly and I stayed at a 2 of her aunt and uncles homes over the years watching there dogs. One was in deephaven they sold it for 3mill the other was a home was also in that area they sold that one for 5mill. I did not want to leave that one.
The 5mill house had a master bath that had a shower room 10x10 lol. The basement had 5 42in tv's and a 80in tv in the center with the others on the top and sides.
They moved all there stuff down to there home in HI after they sold the the last home.

Kevin 1G Drummer 03-05-2012 09:43 PM

Sounds like you're gonna have at least one awesome neighbor Brandon. Haha

b00sted_spyder 03-05-2012 09:56 PM

One of these days I'll have to go check out the parade of homes. Since I just bought a house last August, I plan to refinish my garage. I'm planning to paint the floors and walls in the garage. Also planning on building my own work bench. No pictures other than the MR2 and all of my junk in there. I need to get the DSM over as well. It's still sitting at my parents house.

JET 03-06-2012 02:47 AM

So how close are you going to be to me Brandon? Is that just south of Brown's old place?

Halon 03-06-2012 10:59 AM

Jet, we will be basically right off Lexington and 109th. So maybe 5min south of you?

Halon 03-13-2012 05:26 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Small update. They started digging last Monday, had the footings poured that Tuesday. Work stopped for the rest of the week, I'm thinking maybe they were letting the concrete cure. Started back up this Monday, they have most of the walls poured. I'd assume they'll let these cure for a few days as well but no idea really.

All flooring/countertops/interior paint/tile/etc are all picked out. Moved onto lighting. The lady at the recommended lighting place sucked. I think 90% of our lighting is going to end up from Menards. But going to get a couple nicer fixtures for the main level/entrance area. Picked up matching lights for over the dining room table, and over the island.

Purchased all the appliances from the Sears Appliance store in Maple Grove. They beat everyones prices hands down. Ended up with the Frigidaire Gallery set.

goodhart 03-13-2012 09:35 PM

Looks like I will be moving to the Blaine/Lino Lakes kind of area in the next month or two also, I just got a job offer from the Lino Lakes Correction facility today. First day is April 11th and Our current lease ends May 31st. Mucho Excite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kracka (Post 401182)
Mowed my yard and trimmed my bushes today...phew, what a project! :D

what? you shoulda gone to Home Depot and hired some mexicans for $50! hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by b00sted_spyder (Post 401196)
I'm planning to paint the floors and walls in the garage. Also planning on building my own work bench.

Make sure it has more than 3 legs! haha Tom....