MitsuStyle

MitsuStyle (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   House Projects (http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15963)

turbotalon1g 01-26-2012 09:01 AM

Re: House Projects

Oh snap I didn't know you got a pond too! Nice.

A//// Guy 01-26-2012 09:14 AM

Woot! Cant wait to see progress pics B!

Halon 01-26-2012 12:39 PM

Digging should being right around 3/1. Then 90-120 days later should be all done. I'll be taking tons of pics of the whole progress, and will post some of em. Kinda crazy how they can build this all so quickly.

rose0529 01-26-2012 01:11 PM

Congrats! That will be exciting to build a house!

Is it a predetermined builder? Did you pick your house plans?

Halon 01-26-2012 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yup. We've spent about the last 2 years visiting open houses / parade of homes. Had a pretty specific idea of what we wanted. About 6 months ago, we started talking to builders. Spoke with a lot of builders (Paulson, Capstone, TJB, Accent, SW Wold, Woodland, Herritage, Homes by James, Gorham, Hedberg, Lennar...) total before finally signing a contract yesterday with Regency Homes. Chose them because they seemed to be excellent quality, but allow us to choose some cheaper finishing options to help keep cost resonable. And Lori's communication and willingness to help, answer questions, meet and talk, far outshined any of the competition. And her husband owns Serum's in Anoka so we told her the whole deal was contingent on whether or not they can get us free wings :)
http://regencyhomesincorporated.com/

The floorplan isn't finalized. But in a nutshell it'll be a rambler with a walkout basement. 5bed, 3 bath. We sat down with the drafter yesterday. Showed them the BEFORE and AFTER pic that I made, based off their Manchester floor plan. They were incredibly amazed with my MS Paint skills, lol. Here's what we have so far, probably not exactly how it will be in the end, but just an idea.

http://mitsustyle.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1327606255

Tachyon 01-26-2012 03:22 PM

Looks good, B!

Perhaps I am being daft, but where did you two decide to locate?

Halon 01-26-2012 03:33 PM

Blaine, same city we're in right now, but just a couple miles away. Kinda near 35W and Lexington.

A//// Guy 01-26-2012 03:35 PM

Sweeet action!

turbotalon1g 01-26-2012 03:53 PM

nugga got some drafting skilz yo!

goodhart 01-26-2012 04:39 PM

That's a huge ass house for 2 people, you must plan on building a few little walking shit machines huh?

Halon 01-26-2012 04:46 PM

Yeah, we're planning to have some mini-me's.

Plus her family will be visiting a lot from Fargo, so it'll be nice to have some space for her parents, 2 sisters w/ husbands, and 5 nieces.

carltalon 01-26-2012 04:46 PM

Very nice Brandon. Looks like you got everything covered. Master suite, Home Theater, and larger garage. Better make room in that garage for My FWD Auto shell lol.

Good luck.

Halon 01-26-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbotalon1g (Post 399042)
nugga got some drafting skilz yo!

LOL, here was her exact email back to me after sending her the revised plan I made using MS PAINT

Thanks for the sketch of the revision to the Manchester floor plan. The program you used to make the changes is awesome. Can I ask what it is?

:D :D

A//// Guy 01-26-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodhart (Post 399043)
That's a huge ass house for 2 people, you must plan on building a few little walking shit machines huh?

Nina and I plan on utilizing a spare bedroom as a north suburb retreat, if thats cool B!

turbotalon1g 01-26-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 399047)
LOL, here was her exact email back to me after sending her the revised plan I made using MS PAINT

Thanks for the sketch of the revision to the Manchester floor plan. The program you used to make the changes is awesome. Can I ask what it is?

:D :D

:pimp:

Speedfreak 01-26-2012 07:03 PM

Just make sure the ceiling somewhere in the garage is tall enough for a lift, and the cement is able to be anchored to! :)

Halon 01-26-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedfreak (Post 399052)
Just make sure the ceiling somewhere in the garage is tall enough for a lift, and the cement is able to be anchored to! :)

:) I'll do what I can, but might not be able to get a full lift in there, but I'm definitely going to try! But if I can't, I may end up with something like this:

http://maxjaxusa.com/

Halon 02-01-2012 01:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Tiny update. Builder came back with their first rendition of actual drawings based on our MS Paint sketches, and also the design of the front elevation based on what we told them we'd like the house to look like from the front.

They pretty much hit the nail on the head. Pointed out a few very minor things, but 99% spot on. PDF's are attached.

Sparky2211 02-02-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halon (Post 399349)
Tiny update. Builder came back with their first rendition of actual drawings based on our MS Paint sketches, and also the design of the front elevation based on what we told them we'd like the house to look like from the front.

They pretty much hit the nail on the head. Pointed out a few very minor things, but 99% spot on. PDF's are attached.

I absolutely love the layout! When are you supposed to get the next update from the building. I am going through a similar process right now, but nothing is set in stone. Just getting all my ducks in a row. Keep us all posted!

niterydr 02-02-2012 05:57 PM

Love the layout Brandon. PM me what something like this is setting you back if you wouldn't mind (debating to build or buy the next house).