PDA

View Full Version : Barbeque/Install Party tomorrow!!!

Pages : [1] 2

v8klla
10-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Hey guys!

Putting my tranny back in tomorrow (Sunday) and plan on having a few friends over to help. So, I decided to have a barbeque since it is going to be such a nice day!

Any one that would like to stop by to help, or just watch some football and eat some food is more than welcome...

Food is on me, so if you are coming please try to respond to this thread so I can decide on how much I will need!

Here is my address for anyone interested in coming down...We will be around anytime after noon.

8261 Jensen Ave S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016

Should be a good time!!!

Chris Carey

CVD
10-18-2003, 05:24 PM
trying to steal all my tranny help i see. yarr...

Come to my house instead, and i'll order pizza :woowoo:

v8klla
10-18-2003, 05:43 PM
I think I have the tranny help all set...Jet offered to stop by and we should be able to knock it off pretty quick...This is more like an after party ;)

Or in case we run into problems...Man I hope not!

Chris

MustGoFaster
10-18-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by CVD@Oct 18 2003, 04:24 PM

Come to my house instead, and i'll order pizza  :woowoo:
It's just a FWD, should only take an hour or so if they are moving. Oh, wait, + the 2G factor, so 1 and a 1/2 to 2.

Nash
10-19-2003, 02:13 AM
I can do all full swap on a 2G FWD tranny in less then 5 hours by myself.

niterydr
10-19-2003, 05:49 AM
i think i'll pick my ass and not help anyone.
good luck.

Raptor
10-19-2003, 11:48 AM
The 2G factor definately adds time to the job FW or not. I am with you in spirit, physically however, my ass is taken it easy today. Sleeping, researching online and drinking Coffee. If I was fully recovered, I would be up for helping both CVD and you Chris, but unless some major bust of energy happens this morning, unfortunately all I can do is wish you both luck.

v8klla
10-19-2003, 12:16 PM
That's cool...I think I should be good, although I was up until 5:30 last night putting the damn transmission itself back together!

CC

v8klla
10-20-2003, 01:53 AM
Well, that was fun...After a few minor problems with the passenger side cv axle everything went back in fairly easy. Although I thought bench pressing the tranny would have been easier? I also lost a bolt for the suspension and had to steal a motor mount bolt temporarily...Who needs that anyways ;)

The new clutch is very touchy, but grips hard! The tranny shifts great, but I am still doubtful of my abilities...If you see me driving around cottage grove with the windows up and the radio off just listening, you know what I am listening for. Hopefully everything will continue to be OK!

And the LSD...All I can say is WOW! I can't get on it yet, with the new clutch disk and all, but I gave it some gas in 1st and what normally would have been massive wheelspin now grips and pulls hard! I couldn't believe it...Well worth the $200 so far. I will let you know the real results after 500 miles ;)

Chris

Kracka
10-20-2003, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by CVD@Oct 18 2003, 05:24 PM

Come to my house instead, and i'll order pizza  :woowoo:
Where was my damn pizza Honky?! Oh well :wacko: have fun with your shoes.