PDA

View Full Version : IA Drivers Suck Dick

Pages : [1] 2 3

tpunx99GSX
10-18-2003, 01:29 PM
First Time in IA and i get pulled over 30 minutes across the border.
OK so heres the story, Im driving through a city called Spirit Lake and there are two asshole drivers in front of me going 30 in a 55 and every time it goes to two lanes the driver behind the leader pulls up to the leader and slows down so i cant freakin pass, :stupid: so after about 10 miles of doing this bullshit and me changing lanes hoping to pass these assholes it changes to two lanes going each way with no center divider just a double solid line, so these assholes pull next to each other and do the same thing, and i say fuck it an jump in to the other lanes and pass these assholes (because there was no triffic) so anyways about 3 minutes later i get a car speeding up on me and my radar detector starts going off so i slow down knowing that its a fucking cop and that im gonna get pulled. so the cherries come on and i pull over, turns out their are 4 cops pulling me over, the STUPID FUCKS CALLED THE COPS ON ME, so he tells me that and i deny everything, so he says hes just gonna run the liscence and he'll let me on my way. and about 20 minutes of waiting he comes back and says i have a suspended liscense. WOO HOO somebody shoot me. so he says to come with him to his car and im thinking oh shit im going to jail. and he asked me a couple questions and tells me that he can take me to jail or give me a ticket but being that hes busy hes gonna give me a ticket and let me go, and if i dont pay it i will be suspended in IA, Whoopee.
so i get back to my car and realize i left my lights on. the car wont start so im like FUCK, the cop didnt leave so he gave me a jump.
Tom

AJ
10-18-2003, 02:17 PM
God damn man you just can catch a break. Time to trade in the car for a lifetime bus pass.

Jakey
10-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Not all Iowa drivers are like that but I do agree with you that we do have a number of truly shitty drivers down here. When I met up with Matt D. last Friday one of the first things he had to say too was that Iowa drivers suck.

Jana
10-18-2003, 02:30 PM
I would have to say MN drivers suck. I can't tell you how many times they have tried running me off the road because they can't seem to look first without changing lanes first....or they forget they need to be in the lane I'm in so quickly swerve....damn Minnesotan's! :D

Jakey
10-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by DSMChick@Oct 18 2003, 01:30 PM
I would have to say MN drivers suck. I can't tell you how many times they have tried running me off the road because they can't seem to look first without changing lanes first....or they forget they need to be in the lane I'm in so quickly swerve....damn Minnesotan's! :D
See the good thing about Iowa is that there aren't that many spots where you have to deal with a road more than 2 lanes wide :lol:

Matt D.
10-18-2003, 02:43 PM
It's true... Iowans don't use cruise control. I guess since they drive slower, it means they're safer drivers. And since Minnesotans are more aggressive they're more dangerous... :confused:

MustGoFaster
10-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Jakey+Oct 18 2003, 01:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jakey @ Oct 18 2003, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DSMChick@Oct 18 2003, 01:30 PM
I would have to say MN drivers suck.&nbsp; I can't tell you how many times they have tried running me off the road because they can't seem to look first without changing lanes first....or they forget they need to be in the lane I'm in so quickly swerve....damn Minnesotan's!&nbsp; :D
See the good thing about Iowa is that there aren't that many spots where you have to deal with a road more than 2 lanes wide :lol: [/b][/quote]
And another good thing: the radio stations don't randomly change from rock to country ever 5 miles, unlike Wisconsin after you get out of 93X's range.

Raptor
10-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Trust me, drivers everywhere suck. I have driven in almost every continental state and I can't say that any of them are better than anywhere else. The conditions seem to have the biggest effect on how the people drive. Congested high traffic areas mean more agressive drivers and backwoods means the majority are slow with the occasional maniac. Minnesotans drive differently all throughout the state, they can be pretty bad in the city, but I will say Seattle is much worse. Slowest drivers I have ever encountered where in northern MN, typically about 100 years old and resemble a Qtip from the back. They don't look anywhere but straight ahead and they drive about 20 everywhere.

Tom I agree with AJ, you should probably opt for the lifetime bus pass, at this rate, all your income is going to go towards traffic tickets.

john
10-18-2003, 05:54 PM
That sucks. What was your license suspended for?

BuildADSM
10-18-2003, 07:01 PM
yeah I would just stop driving or put a govonor on you car so you can't speed cause with you luck... well you know... Dsmchick.... i think it has to do with you driving a red car my mom has been cut off (once in a wreck and nearly hit a telaphone pole) more times than I can count and her car is red.... Its like people can't see red.