PDA

View Full Version : Wanted : Server/Network Admin

AJ
09-23-2005, 01:52 PM
I am going to be looking for someone relaiable to act as an admin of the site when we make our final move to a dedicated server. This person must be able to prove they understand EVERYTHING involved with moving a site from one server to another and be able to work a MYSQL database on a dedicated server with ease.

There would be come monetary compensation for this. Post up if your interested and what you think compensation would be.

Matt D.
09-23-2005, 02:00 PM
What sort of server, by the way?

AJ
09-23-2005, 03:22 PM
They type of server will be based on what the network admin would feel most comfortable with. They would be setting it up from square one.

As long as we can run everything as we do now without MYSQL limitations I am happy. This site has almost doubled in traffic over the past 6 months.

howslowcanyougo
09-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Howie Pince

IT Supervisor
XXXX Research Inc.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2000,
CompTia N+, & A+ Network- & PC Technician.
administrator@xxx.com
cissupport@xxx.com
hpince@xxx.com
C-651-235-4044
www.xxxfabric.com
www.qxxxx.com
www.xxxri.com

I'm running a whole multi site Windows 2003 Server Enterprise shop as main Ft gig now but just really don't know much about that "my sql" DB progie?.............. sorry man...

CDeutsch
09-23-2005, 05:56 PM
They type of server will be based on what the network admin would feel most comfortable with. They would be setting it up from square one.

As long as we can run everything as we do now without MYSQL limitations I am happy. This site has almost doubled in traffic over the past 6 months.

How about a 128 node iPod cluster? :D

If you don't find anyone with the specific experience you're looking for let me know. I've done a little of everything (including MySQL and server administration).

scheides
09-24-2005, 12:30 AM
I'll do throw my hat in here. I am currently network administrator for a company downtown. I manage machines running apache (and thus php, which runs this site) and mysql databases on a day to day basis. I have built over half the machines on our network, all of which are web, database, or application servers. I'm way more familiar with microsoft stuff than I'd like, but I'd do that if the that's what you wanted.

If I had a dump of the database and file structure of this site, I'd be willing to bet I could get it running in less than two hours. Blindfolded.

What technologies do you use, AJ? I see vbulletin, which runs php over mysql, anything else?

If need be, I could also arrange hosting of said dedicated server.

I'd gladly take full or share responsibility with anyone else qualified. Maybe Enes?

Enes
09-24-2005, 01:40 AM
Sorry, i have too much on my plate as is, even tho i wouldn't mind helping i've done too many mysql dumps and edits manualy... just not freaken worth it.

last one i went over had over 1000 errors, only about 29MB worth of a db .........

i have my own dedicated server, and host anywhere from 80 to 100 sites on it, have almost 120 mysql databases on it right now.

If you need some help i might lend a hand but i can't dedicate myself to anything other than to take care of my already established customer base.

sowwy..

-Enes

AJ
09-25-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll do throw my hat in here. I am currently network administrator for a company downtown. I manage machines running apache (and thus php, which runs this site) and mysql databases on a day to day basis. I have built over half the machines on our network, all of which are web, database, or application servers. I'm way more familiar with microsoft stuff than I'd like, but I'd do that if the that's what you wanted.

If I had a dump of the database and file structure of this site, I'd be willing to bet I could get it running in less than two hours. Blindfolded.

What technologies do you use, AJ? I see vbulletin, which runs php over mysql, anything else?

If need be, I could also arrange hosting of said dedicated server.

I'd gladly take full or share responsibility with anyone else qualified. Maybe Enes?

phpads new, and I will be getting rid of the coppermine gallery and going with something better. So that woudl probably be what the person installing all this would see as a better fit.