PDA

View Full Version : Work to be done on the Glorified...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tauni
09-12-2005, 09:30 AM
This winter I have a lot to do, well a lot that I want to do on my car. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or suggestions for me on them. Especially if you know of good places to get the things I need or good shops to bring her to. Any input is GREATLY appreciated!!

-Timing belt
-1.5'' drop
-Alignment (I just want to know who does it best for the least amount of moula)

I also have big plans for my back seat and subs. I don't have time to tell about it right now but I will and if anyone has ideas on that let me know!!

rk4g63
09-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Alignment - Sears Automotive. It costs $60 to do it and they give a warranty of 6000 miles too. They're the best I know - they do a really good job. Plus its valid anywhere in the country.
Oh I guess the rate I'm telling you is what it costs in Indianapolis - I just came to the Cities, remember? You may want to call your local guy and ask.

rk4g63
09-12-2005, 09:56 AM
Forgot to mention - if you drop the car, better adjust the camber too. Otherwise, it'll eat up the tires faster than usual.

Matt D.
09-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Forgot to mention - if you drop the car, better adjust the camber too. Otherwise, it'll eat up the tires faster than usual.
Agreed. Better get a camber kit while you're at it with that much of a drop.

TheBlizzard
09-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Meh, it depends on the car. FWDs are a lot easier on tires when dropped than AWD cars are. Nash lowered his car the same as me and his camber was noticably off while mine was not noticable at all. His is AWD and mine is FWD.

Its one of those things you might need and you might not.

Shotgun!
09-12-2005, 10:37 AM
2G's have the need, I believe

TurboDomestics
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
dont the struts blow out real fast when you lower the car with the OEM struts??

Pimpin Dsmstyle
09-13-2005, 01:03 AM
I think this is the 100'th time I've seen you post this shit!!! JUST GET IT DONE! All that working should get you some cash, just geter done. Kc can install the struts / springs for a small fee :) He did his in just a couple hours. That would be an excuse to come over here haha.

Charlie - I think it's a rough ride and it's horrible for the struts since they will be riding in a lower position than they generally would with stock springs.

Halon
09-13-2005, 06:24 AM
2g FWD's need a rear camber kit if lowered. Mine was lowered 2" and it went through tires pretty quick. There is a "poor mans" rear camber kit for 2g's which is nothing but some bolts and washers. It's what I used and worked awesome. Cost me a few hours and like 10 bucks!

Tauni
09-13-2005, 10:13 AM
I'm doing my own drop Josh.