PDA

View Full Version : DSMSTYLE.com e-mail address

Pages : [1] 2

AJ
08-10-2005, 10:32 PM
By the end of the week anyone who wants a dsmstyle.com e-mail address will have that option. Most of you won't want another address. Some of you might.

The address would be "anything"@dsmstyle.com "anything" can not reach past 20 letters/numbers.

A default password will be set up, and you will be given direction on how to change it.

These won't be "free". There will be a 1 time set-up/use fee of $5.25. Pay Pal perferred for tracking reasons.

This will be valid for as long as the site is online. We plan on sticking around for a while.

Anyone interested should first post up here and let us know.

More info to follow this weekend.

niterydr
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Good deal!

AJ
08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
This is Jana and My primary e-mail account we use. It's easiey accessed from the web as well. All your standard abilities.

Halon
08-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Will you guys be able to read our mail like you can our PM's?

Nash
08-10-2005, 10:51 PM
I want one, I want one! Oh wait I already have one and I love it. No spam at all!

AJ
08-10-2005, 10:57 PM
LOL, the only people who will be able to do anything with your e-mail is our host and you. We set up a default password and your first time in you change it to whatever you want. After I set it up with a default password that's the past I deal with it. I can delete an account based on activities deamed un lawful by our host, but that would be it. Standard terms and conditions will be supplied.

So in other words, no.

Also as for PMs that was only done on Invision Board. Since we have been on VB we haven't even installed that option, which is nowhere near as direct as it was last time.

We have since lost any need to access to PMs. I still will openly state there is no private side of the forums. If someone knows what they are doing they can see just about anything. All forum software has their leaks.

E-mail is completly seperate from the site itself. Also as some have seen some of the connecting problems continue with the fourms this doesn't effect the mail. It's stricly too many slammed connections with MySQL within VB.

AJ
08-10-2005, 10:58 PM
I want one, I want one! Oh wait I already have one and I love it. No spam at all!

Yeah, cause I get it all.

Another point. The domain is spammed, as nearly they all are. I have an address that collects all that shit and from there I do what I can to block it.

So if you didn't sign up for it, you won't get it.

blageo23
08-10-2005, 11:12 PM
How wound you access these emails? Would there be like a little tab on the top? Or what?

AJ
08-10-2005, 11:17 PM
You can set it up to use with Outlook or you will be given a wed address.

After these accounted get set up I probably will add a link in the Navagation Bars that will go to the web side of it for active users to log in.

I have my Outlook Express set up for it, and I also use the web address to check it at work sometimes.

AJ
08-10-2005, 11:26 PM
It's a vDeck Webmail System.