PDA

View Full Version : We're BACK!

admin
07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
First, another HUGE thanks to Brandon from Reactor Hosting. We have spent a solid 2 days dealing with issue after issue. But as you can see we are back. And I glad to say with a new host and some new features as well.

DSM Style.com has a Blog system now. Althoguh it doesn't work with your current account I would suggest signing up and making good use of it. Think of it as a way for other to see what your doing with your car, and a way for you to look back at the joys and the pain. (This would be a great reminder for Nutty before he bought another DSM ;) )

www.dsmstyle.com/articles

Please report any problems or bugs you find in the news forum.

Welcome Back EVERYONE! Thanks so much again for waiting this out! LOL, like you had a choice. LOL :D

Onefast99gsx
07-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Wow! That took a bitch of a long time. I stayed online last night for quite awhile because it said would be back online around 11pm. How big in gigabytes is a site like this anyway?

Nice to be back here again.

Enes
07-26-2005, 12:42 PM
the thing is that the mysql is probably in size of like probably 150MB thats all..

i'm sure it can be trimed down...

Allan I think last time I looked at the database that you had a lot of crap from unseccessfull installs and that you basicly had 2 forums in one database, old and current one's. That you never deleted the Old forums but that you couldn't migrate them into the new ones.

glad you were able to figure it out and got help.

-E

AJ
07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
The sql file size is 385MB. So it takes about 3 1/2 hours to upload at my speed. About 45 min to download in compressed form (185mb). Doing that a few times eats up some time.

The next project will be to trim up the DB, discard un used shit, and increase speed of the forums.