PDA

View Full Version : New laws

Pages : [1] 2

JET
07-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Here is a link to some of the new laws that the MN Governement put throught this year. A lot of them are going to affect you!

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5510439.html

AJ
07-17-2005, 05:09 PM
I paid over $4 for a pack of smokes 2 days ago. Some store are already putting it to us. I just need to make it a week and I know I can finally kick this shit.

That's awesome the state is back to going after dead beats on the alimony shit and changing the child support stuff. These where MUCH needed.

Cell phones banned while driving FUCK YES

Sex offenders are getting pushed even more. Awesome news

Gas more regulated... assholes.

Onefast99gsx
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
wow! I'm no chemical scientist but what does increasing ethanol mean to us? Does that mean our cars will knock even more or be more prone to it?

Shane@DBPerformance
07-17-2005, 05:36 PM
It depends. Ethanol itself is better for boosted cars than gasoline. It has a very small power advantage over gasoline and it has a high latent heat of evaporation. Methanol also has a high latent heat of evap, which is why methanol race cars don't need intercoolers and can use small radiators, but the reason why methanol is used instead of ethanol is because it also has a significant power advantage over gasoline. The problem with switching to 20% ethanol though might be if they cut the rest of the mixture with some absolute crap gasoline, since the ethanol will raise the octane of the fuel. Gas mileage will also get worse on cars that run normal narrowband O2 sensors and aren't tuned for the ethanol. We already have this problem with our 10% ethanol mixture though.

Jana
07-17-2005, 06:19 PM
I only got to see page one before it wanted me to register....

Cell phones being banned was only for kids learning to drive. Doesn't mean anyone over what, 15 or 16? That's gay.

Nothing else I really see where it affects me too much. I don't speed, so I dont' have to worry about fines going up or losing my license. I think ppl should lose there license if they get caught going over 100mph.

unreal808
07-17-2005, 09:19 PM
I have always thought that the speeding fines are low. I mean for crying out load, I’m breaking the law and the fine is like a slap on the hand, even after hundreds of tickets on record. I know first hand because, I do speed all the time. But I think it’s funny that a pack of smokes gets taxed the hell out of it. It seems like the state cares more about smokers smoking than speeders speeding.

Emcee gsxtc
07-18-2005, 11:52 AM
I think ppl should lose there license if they get caught going over 100mph.

Yeah fuck that. Maybe over 100mph in cities traffic. When you live 15 miles out into the country and every day is a perfectly straight 10 mile road that is only used by maybe 20 cars all day, the only to get home is to be going 155.

It seems like the state cares more about smokers smoking than speeders speeding.

As they should, smoking is a detrement to everyone's health. I will gladly pay the occasional $120 ticket for always getting places faster. (like an 85 in a 70 etc)

Black97civic
07-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Will our cars run on 20% ethanol??

I know that there has been discussion of e85 here, and how that isn't compatible with our fuel systems and lines and whatnot, but is the increase to 20% going to effect anything but gas mileage and power?

MustGoFaster
07-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Keep it in 2nd gear if you want your licence. (3rd for DSMer's)

JET
07-20-2005, 08:54 PM
According to the study I saw 20% will start to degrade fuel components. A government study basically shot down the use of 20% ethanol, yet minnesota decides to go with it. We'll have to see if it goes into effect. It is a long ways down the road though, and a lot can happen in that amount of time.