PDA

View Full Version : Tennis

Pages : [1] 2

Jana
07-03-2005, 09:14 PM
I haven't played tennis for years, but have wanted to start playing again (for fun).

Where's the best place to find some tennis courts in our area (Elk River, Rogers, Otsego)? I don't want to have to join a gym and pay to play... I tried searching online, and didn't find anything. And aside from just driving around the entire area, I was wondering if anyone just knows where they are at?

GSXMatt
07-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Well, here in Woodbury I play at the Colby Lake Park. But I think it might be a club, we just get a key to get into the tennis court because we leave here in Highland?

I'm sorry, that probably doesn't help at all.

tpunx99GSX
07-04-2005, 11:50 AM
I hear Wimbolden(sp) has a pretty nice court.

Black97civic
07-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Well, here in Woodbury I play at the Colby Lake Park.

My girlfriend live right over there, off of wimbledon.

Anyway, as far as finding tennis courts, 90% of the city parks around here have a tennis court, so maybe just drive to a few parks??

I can think of 4 or 5 parks with tennis courts within 10 minutes of my house, but it might be totally different where you live.

Shane@DBPerformance
07-04-2005, 02:52 PM
Yea, in Mpls where I live, you can't go 6 blocks without hitting a park with tennis courts. Mara and Me actually played some tennis on Sunday, but I have no idea what I am doing.

AJ
07-04-2005, 03:51 PM
I am the same way, shit I don't even know how it's scored. We found the park up here closest to us is new and pimped out with a skate park, but no tennis courts.

Jana
07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I'll have to keep looking or ask someone who knows this area better. I know I've seen them all over in Msp as well....

curt_gendron
07-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Hey Jana,

The Rogers Middle School has tennis courts. I think they have six or eight of them. The school is just east on County 144 off of Highway 101. The courts are in the back of the school.

Also, the Elk River high school has tennis courts. The high school is on School Road west of Highway 169.

I played varsity tennis back in high school, but that was a long time ago. I don't think I've even picked up a racket in five years.

later,
Curt

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
07-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Outdoor tennis is too hot. Maybe one day I'll pick it up again.

Jana
07-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Hey Jana,

The Rogers Middle School has tennis courts. I think they have six or eight of them. The school is just east on County 144 off of Highway 101. The courts are in the back of the school.

Also, the Elk River high school has tennis courts. The high school is on School Road west of Highway 169.

I played varsity tennis back in high school, but that was a long time ago. I don't think I've even picked up a racket in five years.

later,
Curt

And both are open to the public to use? I think I have seen them, I just wasn't sure if the public was allowed to use them....

I also finally found something on an Elk River website about Orono Lake Park having tennis courts. I'm gonna drive by tonight and see if they really do.

If you are ever up for playing with us, just let us know. I haven't played for at least 5 years, so it'd be just for fun (& exercise...).