PDA

View Full Version : More sad news for the Music Community and MN

AJ
04-21-2005, 02:58 PM
http://93x.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=323010&PT=ROCK+NEWS

AMERICAN HEAD CHARGE guitarist Bryan Ottoson was reportedly found dead in his bus bunk yesterday prior to the band's scheduled appearance at the Plex in North Charleston, SC.

For some who don't know AHC is a local band from the cities that are open about the problems they have been through in the past.

One of the girls who reports to Jana/DSMChick is the sister of the keyboards player as well.

Jana
04-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Man, that sucks. I'll have to see if I can find out more details. :(

JET
04-21-2005, 08:34 PM
It was a drug overdose of prescription drugs. He was really drunk when he went to bed and evidentally took a bunch of drugs. He never woke up :( That is too bad, they have some good tunes.

GSXMatt
04-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Fuckin gay! Headcharge was awesome.

Shotgun!
04-21-2005, 11:13 PM
AHC was great! Any word on what they will do now? Will they replace him?

Jana
04-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Ok, here's the scoop directly from the band:

He had strep throat, and was on antibiotic's for it, along with some type of medication to help him sleep. They are on the road, so he's had a hard time getting rest which is why they gave him that as well. So, the night before the show, he took his 2 pills, and had 3 drinks later on at the bar. Then went to his bunk to sleep. My co-worker's brother is the one who found him. They had been best friends for about 8 year's.

The previous band Bryan was in, is going to be who fills in for his spot as guitarist. Then from there they are not sure what they will do.

Anyway, I just wanted to straighten it out because the media loves to make things up or blow up the truth. Yes he was on prescription drugs, Yes he had a couple drinks...but it's not like he had more than what he should have...

JET
04-22-2005, 12:49 PM
If it killed him, then it was probably too much! I know a lot of prescription drugs don't want you drinking alcohol while taking them.

Kracka
04-22-2005, 01:02 PM
My guess is the Rx bottle had a little red sticker on it saying, "Do not consume alcohol while taking this medication!" AHC does have some good songs though, at least it was a peaceful death and no pain was involved.

Jana
04-22-2005, 03:21 PM
I know you are not supposed to drink when on medicine..but I just hate how the media portrays it.

JET
04-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I agree Jana. They play it off like the "Rockstar Lifestyle". Some of it is that, but things happen to other peope too, you just don't hear about it.