PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Cluster Failure.

sleepydsm
02-12-2005, 03:29 AM
I just bought a '92 Tsi yesterday. The oil pressure gauge does not operate, it sits at the L when the car is off, or moving. And yes it has oil pressure. Also, the coolant temp gauge sometimes just goes right to C, or doesnt move. All of a sudden it will jump to the proper temp. Any ideas? Oil pressure sensor bad, bad connector? Same with coolant temp?
Thankyou!

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
02-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I thought I already told you that there's a oil pressure sensor plug thing that is probably hanging from the bottom of the car right now. Just look for something hanging and plug it back onto the gold round thing that its suppose to be hooked upto. It usually has a tendency to fall off from launches and stuff. The coolant one, check if that's plugged in tightly at the thermostat housing.

Matt D.
02-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Oil pressure sensor is located on the oil filter housing.

JET
02-12-2005, 12:20 PM
An easy fix for the plug falling off is to put a small zip tie around it to hold it on.

sleepydsm
02-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah I founf the oil pressure sensor thinger fell off and was dangling. The coolant temp sensor was pluged in, but it is very erratic.

sleepydsm
02-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Eh the connectors for each were dirty as hell and now everything is OK. Thanks everyone.