PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

Pages : [1] 2

remy
11-27-2003, 02:08 PM
so today i was just messin around with ghettostyle and i did a launch with my gst. it wheel hopped like crazy and the check engine light came on. i pulled over and it went off. then on the way home the check engine light and the abs light started randomly coming on and the rpms would drop like a bog while i was driving normally. then the cel light, abs, and seatbelt light would come on and it would do that bog thing still. any ideas? Thanks.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
11-27-2003, 02:18 PM
You sure it isn't just the engine cutting out? (like the rpms are dropping to low)

remy
11-27-2003, 02:19 PM
it happens at like 3000rpms

remy
11-27-2003, 02:21 PM
when i am giving it gas.

Iceman
11-27-2003, 04:32 PM
it was due to the MAS being unpluged. John said your stock boost gauge stopped working and why is cause that reads what the MAS reads. Pull the neg of the battary leave it off for a few secs than toss it back on and the CEL should go away but than if it comes back than you know you got some other problem. Im almost possitive thats what it was from though. NOTE: if you pull the neg terminal you well lose radio stations and what not so make sure you write down what you need, if any.

1Fst14B
11-27-2003, 05:02 PM
also, a loose battery connection will do the same thing...make the motor cut out sometimes and then the cel will light for 5 seconds or so. or the same can be caused by the battery hitting the hood if you dont have the hold downs in.

especially after launching with wheel hop....

Adam

Iceman
11-27-2003, 05:08 PM
Indeed check both.

john
11-27-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Iceman@Nov 27 2003, 05:32 PM
it was due to the MAS being unpluged. John said your stock boost gauge stopped working and why is cause that reads what the MAS reads. Pull the neg of the battary leave it off for a few secs than toss it back on and the CEL should go away but than if it comes back than you know you got some other problem. Im almost possitive thats what it was from though. NOTE: if you pull the neg terminal you well lose radio stations and what not so make sure you write down what you need, if any.
that was another problem he had last night. I am thinking this one might be the battery terminals loose because he reset the computer earlier today.

remy
11-27-2003, 08:16 PM
ya that was it i am ashamed to say but at least its fixed now :banana:

john
11-27-2003, 08:24 PM
That is what happens when you get a person who knows nothing about cars trying to work on them. That was the second stupid thing you did today. :lol: