PDA

View Full Version : whining sound through my radio

Pages : [1] 2

jd1828
01-04-2005, 05:15 PM
This problem started after I did a waterpump/timing belt job about 3 weeks ago. I hear a whining sound through the radio. It get higher pitch as the engine rpm goes up and if I turn the radio off it goes away. Its not always there, it comes and goes.
I remember hearing of people with msd ignitions having this problem but I dont remember what was done to fix it.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
01-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I'd also like to know what this is. It happens in my Lexus too which is kind of annoying, but if you get an answer, let me know too!

JustROLLIN
01-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Check all your grounds. Typically you can clean up any interference like this by cleaning off and tightening your grounds.

Kracka
01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Sparkplug wires are also a good place to start. Non-shieled or just old wires will cause electrical interference.

A//// Guy
01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Its ussually a ground problem. Make sure all your grounding spots are seperate from each other, or atleast do no ground things where the radio/amps/etc are grounded.

JET
01-04-2005, 07:17 PM
You can also get a lot of noise if you ground a system in a car with a floating ground. There are grounding isolators you can buy if that is the case.

dumb_ricer
01-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I have always read that it is caused by the ground wire. Try grounding your radio somewhere else in the car or just tighten all of your grounds.

Jakey
01-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I also agree with checking your grounds. It wouldn't hurt to also pull your radio and double check that none of the connections have developed any corrosion on them.

slowHonduh
01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
This can also happen when you have amps in your car. And if you run your rca's on the same side of the car as you did the power wire, that will cause feedback through the radio aswell.

LightningGSX
01-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Any powerwire in the vicinity of a signal wire(or sometimes the speaker wire), unless it crosses at a 90 deg angle, will cause whine.Chassis grounded RCA shields and neg speaker wires can cause whine as well.The usual cause is the deck grounding through the antenna wire, caused by a shitty main ground(as noted above).