PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Holes the new Body Kits?

AJ
10-16-2003, 07:12 PM
© 2003 Associated Press via MSN!

New fad: Bullet hole stickers for cars

Web site offers vinyl stickers depicting
.50-caliber holes
Fans of the bullet holes say they are a great gag item and give vehicles a different look.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

OAK PARK, Mich., Oct. 14 — Some people are turning to an inexpensive and controversial way of customizing their cars: applying decals of bullet holes.

“SO REAL-LOOKING you have to touch them with your own finger to tell,” says the Web site bullet1.com, which offers vinyl stickers depicting .50-caliber holes and smaller ones that look like they came from a .22.
Doug Rock, 25, of Sterling Heights, buys the stickers from a North Carolina supplier and sells them on the site. He said he’s working his way through nursing school and has sold millions of the stickers since 2001.
“They’re a great gag item,” Rock said. “Otherwise, I guess it’s just for the look, it’s like a fad. I honestly don’t think it will fade. My business is doing nothing but growing.”
Not everyone finds the stickers funny.
Advertisement

“It sends the wrong message to our young people,” said Gregory Wims, president of the Victims’ Rights Foundation in Maryland. “It’s sort of like a badge of honor. It sends a bad message.”
Daniel Morton, 21, placed 10 bullet-hole decals on his 1994 Honda Accord to make it look as if it had been riddled with gunfire.
“A lot of people ask me about them and think my car got shot up,” Morton said Monday. “I just try to be different.”
Morton, who works for a rubber and plastics manufacturer, said it was cheaper than, say, customized wheel rims.
“I just spent a few dollars instead of $20,000,” he said.

----

Lord help us! I thought these things had gone bye bye!

Nash
10-16-2003, 07:41 PM
As long as there are morons out there, they will keep making stupid shit like this.

Jana
10-16-2003, 07:51 PM
I think I'm going to have to stick a couple on my car and drive thru the ghetto....maybe then someone will buy my car! :lol:

BuildADSM
10-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Man I saw one car that must to have 200+ on it. there was not one part of the car that wasn't covered and I mean 200+ no joke. I also heard that they have some that look like a shotgun shot.

Jakey
10-16-2003, 10:05 PM
This is definitely that one decal I have been looking for to put on my truck :3gears: