PDA

View Full Version : DSM IRC channels

Pages : [1] 2

Raptor
12-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Anyone know any that are worthwhile?

The only one I ever check any more is the irc.dsm.org #dsm which is fairly busy, but seems to be full of somewhat stupid conversation most of the time.

I have been on NABR's, but nothing ever seems to happen there. Pretty quiet.

I still have an IRC server setup on my box if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile to try again. Othe

slowbubblecar
12-16-2004, 11:03 PM
I wish I could get access to NABR...

Raptor
12-16-2004, 11:13 PM
The IRC channel is pretty boring and you don't have to be a member. Not a big thing at all.

Shane@DBPerformance
12-17-2004, 10:18 AM
NABR is a public board now also.

TheBlizzard
12-17-2004, 10:31 AM

Yeah in a way, but you still have to apply to get let on. They still don't just let everybody in. They must review your profile and then if they deem you somewhat worthy they grant you access. They are not like every other site where you just register and you can post right away. You can't even view their board until you have gained access. I know Nash applied and they sent him a email saying he was denied. And it took them like a month to approve mine. I think it has a lot to do with your profile and how it looks to them.

CRAIG

Jakey
12-17-2004, 10:34 AM

However I don't understand the policy of admitting members though. I tried to register shortly after the board went public and was denied. Recently I tried registering again with the same information and was approved. :confused: All well, I'm just happy to be able to view their boards again, granted I'll probably have my membership revoked for not posting or some other ludacris reason.

But anyways, not to stray off topic too far....

Kracka
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
I'd be willing to get an IRC chat going again...it was pretty fun 2 years ago when we were doing it.

Raptor
12-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Yeah in a way, but you still have to apply to get let on. They still don't just let everybody in. They must review your profile and then if they deem you somewhat worthy they grant you access. They are not like every other site where you just register and you can post right away. You can't even view their board until you have gained access. I know Nash applied and they sent him a email saying he was denied. And it took them like a month to approve mine. I think it has a lot to do with your profile and how it looks to them.

CRAIG

Exactly why I would never bother wasting time there. I have gone and read the tech archives enough and I am sure there are plenty of people that will be mad at me for saying this but I wasn't overly impressed. There are some extremely smart people there for sure, but there is an equal quantity of idiots giving stupid advice and asking stupid questions. I won't ever apply to see if they think I am wothy, who says I think they are worthy. I don't feel a need to prove myself to anyone. And for tech info, there are better sites out there and they are not so arrogant as to think they can deem who is worthy or not.

And Chris, I will probably get the IRC channel running again, that was fun last time.

AJ
12-17-2004, 11:16 AM
I used to be a donating member on NABR and only posted when I had to. Shane you probably remember my AT Tranny thread about seeing if anyone had made an AT AWD into FWD. Well anyway, if they want to remove all the account and one's that donated as well then I just don't have motivation to apply again.

And Mike we need 2 things back from you. IRC, and the Tree!

Raptor
12-17-2004, 11:22 AM
I can do both, I will see about getting them both up right after Christmas, I have to get the new QPR site done first, should be by then.