PDA

View Full Version : Still Sounds Funny And Smoken

Pages : [1] 2

tsi_dwarf
11-22-2003, 09:57 PM
well i blew my 14b turbo on my 90 talon tsi so i put a used 16g on that i bought a little while back it looked fine when i put it on but now my car is still smoken and still has a little bit of a whining noise to it i hope i didnt F something up if anyone has any ideas that hopefully dont involve like the head or getting another turbo id appreciate it :headache:

1ViciousGSX
11-22-2003, 10:49 PM
which section of the 14b blew, the compressor or the turbine?

tsi_dwarf
11-23-2003, 11:18 AM
the turbine

john
11-23-2003, 11:01 PM
What color is the smoke? Where is the smoke coming from? Exhaust? Engine bay?

tsi_dwarf
11-23-2003, 11:25 PM
ok i got white smoke comeing from the exhaust and it looks like its comeing from the engine bay as well but i cant really tell cause its a lot of smoke comeing from the exhaust so it might just be drifting up to there. oh by the way im an idiot and i just remembered that i for got to hook the oil return tube back up. u know the one that gose from the bottom of the turbo to the oil pan. so yeah im going to hook that back up and see what happens

AJ
11-23-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by tsi_dwarf@Nov 23 2003, 11:25 PM
ok i got white smoke comeing from the exhaust and it looks like its comeing from the engine bay as well but i cant really tell cause its a lot of smoke comeing from the exhaust so it might just be drifting up to there. oh by the way im an idiot and i just remembered that i for got to hook the oil return tube back up. u know the one that gose from the bottom of the turbo to the oil pan. so yeah im going to hook that back up and see what happens
Umm you never had the return line hooked up? Was it left off? How long has it been driving not hooked up?

A//// Guy
11-23-2003, 11:54 PM
umm yea that turbo is prolly gone if you didnt hook the return line up... that and maybe your motor.. as all the oil has leaked out the turbo....

Super Bleeder!!
11-24-2003, 01:05 AM
holy shit, yeah, uh check your rod bearings too buddy

Enes
11-24-2003, 09:48 AM
i hope you didn't drive it without the return line hooked up???

:censored:

tsi_dwarf
11-24-2003, 06:08 PM
no no no i didnt drive it around or anything stupid like that i just started it up saw it was still smoking and shut it of after like 5 min.