PDA

View Full Version : Cool starter-kill

LightningGSX
11-13-2004, 02:19 AM
I came up with this in a dream(I think I'm fucked in the head or something?)

No thief will figure this one out.This uses the cigarette lighter as a starter kill switch.Basically, you will only be able to start the car when the lighter is pushed in.

Circuit #1 will make the lighter a permanent switch, it won't be able to be used as a lighter/aux power anymore.The relay only draws ~250mA, so the lighter won't heat up, and it won't automatically pop out.

Circuit #2 will revert the lighter circuit back to its normal operation as soon as the car is started, so either you pull out the lighter after the car starts, or you let it heat up and automatically pop out.

If anybody wants this, its really simple and I'll post the diagrams I made.

SuperSleeper
11-13-2004, 03:14 AM
You're fucking crazy. Greatest idea I've heard in a while.. no one uses those damn things anyway. ;)

93talon
11-17-2004, 07:44 PM
dat idea is good dawg best ive heard for a anti-theft system

x1genx
11-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Pm me with the diagram i want to read it or just post it up.

1slowdsm
11-17-2004, 08:54 PM
I want to know about this one also, since I dont have an alarm on my car and I part outside...haha

john
11-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Please post it.

jdr_fatbob
11-19-2004, 12:00 AM
whoa... that is a good idea. dont think anyone would EVER think of messin with that to get it started.

LightningGSX
11-19-2004, 03:46 AM
#1- Just uses the lighter to complete the circuit across the starter kill relay allowing the car to start.

#2- Relay#1 isolates relays#2,#3 from the lighter circuit, as well as inverts polarity to actuate relay#2

Relay#2 ,when actuated by relay#1, will latch on(and stay on until IGN is turned off), as well as actuate relays#3,#4

Relay#3 is the starter kill relay and when actuated by relay#2, will complete the starter circuit allowing the car to start

Relay#4, when actuated by relay#2, will restore GND to the lighter circuit allowing it to operate as normal until the IGN is turned off

Relays are the normal Bosch(or similar) 30 amp SPDT
Diode 1N4001 is very common and is available at Radio Shack for under $1

I wrote this in like 5 mins, and I haven't had a chance to test it out, I will do so in the next few days to make sure it works as its supposed to and I will try to simplify it so 4 relays aren't needed as well.Circuit #2 assumes the lighter is controlled by the IGN as it is in my 2G, I can't remember if its that way in the 1G's.If it isn't, relays#2,#3 need an IGN power, otherwise you can run #2,#3 off the lighters IGN power wire.Any questions ASK ME before you go fry your shit.I hope no car theives frequent this board

BTW It would be a good idea to put a 5 amp fuse on the IGN wires going to relays#2,#3

LightningGSX
11-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Heres the relay pinout just in case, this is in the exact same position as they are in the above diagram.