PDA

View Full Version : Optional Biss adjustment

enasnitsi
11-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I was just wondering if I can just adjust the BISS screw instead of doing what it says in the VFAQ. I don't have a scan tool and I don't want to bring it in and have some shop screw up my car. Is there any other possible methods because my car has been dying after I run it for a short while. Any help would be great.

Thanks

1ViciousGSX
11-05-2004, 10:11 PM
You can try it. Mark where it is first and coutn the turns out fdrom fully closed, then try adjusting it. If it doesn't help, put it back where it was.

It's much easier with the scan tool engaged.

enasnitsi
11-05-2004, 11:11 PM
I guess I will give that a try. I didn't know if it would wreck anything if I did that, if it doesn't work I will try replacing the o-ring that is underneath it.

Thanks

Pimpin Dsmstyle
11-05-2004, 11:32 PM
cant you just ground it? Thats what my buddies with 2gs do.. If you ground it out, the ecu doesnt tamper with the idle when your trying to adjust it. Just my 02, if you have a 1g, grounding is a lil more complicated =/

Kracka
11-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Give it a counter-clockwise turn or so and see how that helps and go from there (more or less of a turn). Worse case senario, you just screw up your idle.