PDA

View Full Version : bogging in boost

Pages : [1] 2

Pimpin Dsmstyle
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
My car was just put together and just started running so it could be a number of things. Im not sure what my car exactly is doing when i hit the boost , but it bogs down hardcore if i hit max boost ( stock). My RPM guage is not hooked up yet so i cannot see what the RPMS are doing, but i will be getting that hooked up asap. What could be some issues with this? ANY help or suggestions would be awesome. thanks.

Kracka
11-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Do you have acess to a Logger? If so, those are generally a great help in figuring out a problem. The easiest places to start looking would be your plugs and wires. Any check engine lights?

Pimpin Dsmstyle
11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
no check engine lights. I can get ahold of a pocket PC i think but i think its only for obd2?

Pimpin Dsmstyle
11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
It was fuel cut. I guess i have no sort of boost controller and the way its all setup is allowing the boost to spike as high as the fuel will let it, then it bogs... That problem is being solved friday and will not be driven till then. I also have some other fix up work to do then.

Kracka
11-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Run a vacuum line straight from a boost preasure source to the turbo wastegate. You'll run about 10 psi that way and you'll have no problems (assuming its the stock wastegate).

JET
11-02-2004, 12:02 AM
It was fuel cut. I guess i have no sort of boost controller and the way its all setup is allowing the boost to spike as high as the fuel will let it, then it bogs...

Fuel cut would by no means be classified anywhere near a bog. You were probably detonating because of too much boost on pump gas. If you hit fuel cut you would have been trying your damndest to keep from eating your steering wheel! I would really recommend staying out of the throttle until you get that fixed, like talontsidude said, just run a vacuum line to it and run 10 psi.

Pimpin Dsmstyle
11-02-2004, 01:07 AM
Bogging was the best way to describe it i guess... i know when its gonna come so its not a huge shock. I am pretty sure thats what it is. Im gonna reroute some lines and get it at stock lvl and we will see if that is the case. If its not the case, i will be back here begging for help :)

Emcee gsxtc
11-02-2004, 03:39 AM
Yeah be careful, fuel cut hurts, and steering wheels do not taste good.

Alpine TSi
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Fuel cut is scary, it feels like you just left your motor and trans behind you when it stops.

Pimpin Dsmstyle
11-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Well i got my lines adjusted properly, and when i can come up with some money i will get a boost guage so i can see where my boost is exactly at. However, every once in a while, when i go past 5k hard ( WOT) it occassionally does this "bogging" It could be a bad misfire.. it is quite scary but its not how you guys describe fuel cut ( mouth in the wheel kinda shit) . Any ideas? If it is misfire, is that my timing or what?