and build retail sales.

Mitsubishi Motors won both the 2003 Manufacturers and Overall SCCA ProRally
Championships. Racing enthusiasts saw the formidable capabilities of the
Lancer Evolution which brings a new North American chapter to Mitsubishi's
impressive performance heritage.

Mitsubishi Motors would like to thank drivers David Higgins, Lauchlin
O'Sullivan, Daniel Barritt, Christian Edstrom and Mark Williams for their
dominating efforts that brought Team Mitsubishi Motor Sports America seven
victories out of nine SCCA ProRally events.

Mitsubishi Motors thanks Vermont SportsCar, Xtreme Autos and MEM Racing for
their impeccable preparation of the Lancer Evolutions With their skill and
leadership, Team Mitsubishi won every event that it finished.

Further, Mitsubishi Motors thanks sponsors Michelin Tire, Mitsubishi Fuso,
Infinity Audio, Ralliart, HKS Engines, PIAA, and Motul for their strong
support and guidance during our 2003-championship season.

The company looks forward to a time when it can re-enter the motorsports arena.
----------

Fuck that.

520Talon
11-14-2003, 05:53 PM
I saw that too. I wonder if it has anything to do with all of the EVOs sitting on the lots. I was asked if I wanted to drive one last time I stopped in to pick up parts. All it took to get the offer was to walk within a few feet of it.

Kracka
11-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that they weren't selling too well. What dealership was this at?

AJ
11-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Sales have dropped and it seems like more so because of the way Mitsu add to the cost by denying warrenties at the drop of a hat. Plus it cost a shit load to fix anything.

You know I reallyhate to say it, but I wish Mitsu woudl be more like Didge and treat their EVO liek an SRT4. :headache: I know, I didn't just say that, but agian.... I just did.

Halon
11-14-2003, 06:16 PM
ya my buddy got his warantee denied on his clutch after it went out at like 8k miles. had to pay damn near 1700 bux for a new one. Paid like 400 for the clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, plus he had to buy a new flywheel cuz they said they can't resurface those flywheels, and then the insane labor costs.

Jana
11-14-2003, 07:26 PM
That's shitty......

Kracka
11-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by me612@Nov 14 2003, 07:16 PM
ya my buddy got his warantee denied on his clutch after it went out at like 8k miles.
Why did they deny the warranty?

Shane@DBPerformance
11-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Actually they are having trouble with their younger customers forfeiting on loans. Maybe they shouldn't have offered those 0 down 0 interest 0 payment until whenever loans to everyone that walked in the door.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...s_mitsubishi_dc (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=580&e=3&u=/nm/20031111/bs_nm/autos_mitsubishi_dc)

Halon
11-15-2003, 01:02 AM
they said the warantee did not cover the clutch, even tho right on one of the first pages of the manual it says 12 month/12000 mile warantee on EVERYTHING, and it even listed the clutch on the page as somethings they'd cover. But they said nope, if u read on the evo forums, its like the Mitsu Headquarters who decided to deny warantees on the clutch. So many of the evo owners have complained about early clutch wear, that mtisu said that all the evo owners just don't know how to drive the cars, and that is why the clutches are going bad, and so they aren't going to cover that.

1ViciousGSX
11-15-2003, 10:45 AM
That clutch issue is a perfect example of why they are loosing their grip on the performance market. Don't build it if you don't want people to hammer on it. That car should be pretty much "bullet proof" off the showroom floor. Mis-use or abuse is definately not covered, BUT that car should be able to handle it's own power without a problem, if it doesn't then Mitsu has nobody to blame but themselves.