PDA

View Full Version : Small Battery

Pages : [1] 2

sleepydsm
09-23-2004, 02:24 AM
Would one of those small "race" batterys work fine for a daily driver? I hear you can find them for pretty cheap as well... Thanks.

LightningGSX
09-23-2004, 02:56 AM
I think a few members use them without any problems.Ask Matt V.(LOAF) he uses one on his Laser.

Halon
09-23-2004, 03:09 AM
I've heard of people using like those small like lawnmower batteries or sumthin too. Anyone used one of those? I'd like to do that but not sure how well it'd last. I do have one 10" in the talon but i don't think one 10 would draw that much power. I dunno, didn't mean to hijack your thread, but thought I'd ask this here since you're already talkin about similar things.

Raptor
09-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Why do you want to use the smaller battery? For weight reduction or to make more room for IC piping?

A//// Guy
09-23-2004, 01:41 PM
I dont think they would be that great in the winter.

eglsfly
09-23-2004, 03:48 PM
I use a Odessey PC680 in my 2g, it powers my stereo and all accesories no sweat. I bought it off ebay for $59.95. I mounted it close to the frame rail down where the charcoal canister used to reside. I must say it really opens things up and allows plenty of room for a Magnus style intake.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
09-24-2004, 01:44 AM
Mine works fine. Only has died once only because it doesn't have enough cold cranking amps. It was a -70 windchill day in Duh luth. Otherwise, on the -40 windchill day, it started with minor hesitation :) For summer, it'll be perfectly fine.

Halon
09-24-2004, 04:24 AM
For my application, I too have my battery relocated lower like where the charcoal canister used to be. And right now I have the full sized battery down there and it just barely fits and is not strapped down or anything because there is no room for any brackets. So I'd like to get a smaller battery so it'd fit down there better. And I also don't drive the talon in the winter. But again sorry, this isn't my thread to be askin questions in, but thought it'd be better to say it in here rather than start another thread on the same thing.

john
09-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Mine is in the trunk.

Halon
09-24-2004, 10:26 AM
well i don't want to deal with the cutoff switch and all that crap that comes with putting the battery in the trunk. There's a dude on DSMTuners who has a lawnmower battery in his car. I think his name is like GRNDSM or sumthin, and he has it located the same place I have mine, but like I said, he has a lawnmower one. He doesn't reply to any questions I send him so I can't get any advice from him. I just want to know if it'd be safe to run that same battery in my application. I have A/C, power everything, one 10" planet audio in the back that I don't really have turned way up, but I do crank the stereo quite often. If one of those isn't going to last at all, then I don't want one, but if it'd be safe for me then I'd like to do it. I don't drive in the winter so freezing cold starts doesn't really apply for me, but I don't want to drive to Red Lobster, and then go to leave and have a dead battery every 2 weeks.