PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Type S Bov

blageo23
09-17-2004, 11:55 AM
So I got my Greddy Type S and I put it in and I have no clue how to set it. Does anyone know how you set the thing. I might have it right but I want to be sure. I am runing stock boost on my 2G GST. I have intake and IC piping kit(if that makes a difference). Another question I had is what is the advantage/ disadvantages of having the 2nd smaller nipple attatched. I read that you hook it up to a line from the turbo to the waist gate thing. I did that and I didnt notice a difference. I read that most people dont have it connected. Well any info would help.
Thanks,
Mike

Khadgar
09-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I think you go by the sound it makes when you are setting it, so you get a psh, and not a flipflipflipflip noise. Enes says to no hook up the bottom nipple, but you'd have to ask him why, I think he said something about it causes a boost leak. I have never had mine hooked up and it works just great.

:goodluck:

Matt D.
09-17-2004, 12:06 PM
Setting it too loose will cause a boost leak. Just tighten it a good amount and you'll be fine, or adjust it until it's what you want.

You will want to leave the small nipple open, all that does is vent the lower section of the diaphram.

illz
09-17-2004, 12:16 PM
tighten it until you hear it flutter when you get off the gas, then loosen it a turn or two