PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Ic Sprayer

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

520Talon
09-15-2004, 01:08 AM
Does anyone have the down low on an automatic IC sprayer. What I am looking for is something that can read intake temps and spray accordingly. I can come up with the resevoir and pump. I would like to find something that would run the relays off an intake temp sensor.

Or

What I would need to put together a system of my own.

Matt D.
09-15-2004, 01:20 AM
All you'd need is a temperature switch that will activate at a certain temp, and possibly put that in line with a relay which will then turn on the pump.

Super Bleeder!!
09-15-2004, 03:01 AM
why not just use water injection, as in into the air stream and not outside of it

LightningGSX
09-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 520Talon@Sep 15 2004, 12:08 AM
Does anyone have the down low on an automatic IC sprayer.  What I am looking for is something that can read intake temps and spray accordingly.  I can come up with the resevoir and pump.  I would like to find something that would run the relays off an intake temp sensor.

Or

What I would need to put together a system of my own.
You could make something fairly easy, or if you have an eprom ECU, I could make a chip that will actuate an output(like EGR or Purge) based on IAT(or anything else).

Emcee gsxtc
09-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Eric you are the shit.

Electronics super genius

Enes
09-15-2004, 12:20 PM
how about making something that can be used on 1g as well as 2g cars.. a single product.. now that would be something better...

-E

LightningGSX
09-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Come to think of it, you'd probably want to add another IAT sensor, preferably in the upper IC pipe.Using the existing IAT would be pointless.

illz
09-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by LightningGSX@Sep 15 2004, 06:25 PM
Come to think of it, you'd probably want to add another IAT sensor, preferably in the upper IC pipe.Using the existing IAT would be pointless.
yeah ive considered this product before and talked to a guy in cali and a local friend who would both develop it - use an IAT in the IC outlet and tap into the TPS as well, when IAT is over a certain temp or TPS is > 70%, give the sprayers power. would have to have a window on the temp, turn on over x temp and turn off under y temp. we were going to do it with a little microcontroller, or alternatively an adaptation of the zeitronix TCAC (throttle controlled A/C, which does the TPS portion of the job already).

would be cool and i'll eventually do it. i have 2 questions though - do you think you'd have to spray enough water that it'd be wise to have an accumulator, and can dsm fuel pumps run long-term in water? i read a post a long time ago saying the fuel pump was lubricated by the fuel it pumped so it wouldn't work long term in water, but i don't remember at all who said it or if they knew shit about it

LightningGSX
09-16-2004, 12:05 AM
I could whip it up in less than a 1/2 hour with a microcontroller.

I would say using a fuel pump is a bad idea.

520Talon
09-16-2004, 12:25 AM
I would use a second sensor for the cooler. It is a cool idea about using the ECU, but I want to keep it simpler. My ideal setup would consist of

sprayer nozzel (green house scavanged)
water resivor (junk yard scavanged)
pump (jys)
intake sensor (?)
relay to run (?)
override switch

I would prefer it be a stand alone setup. It easier to figure out what wrong if theres less to it.