PDA

View Full Version : My Progress

2003eclipse
09-01-2004, 04:51 PM
I had to borrow a MPI Relay seeing as my car came without one. It didn't want to stay running for longer then a minute or two at a time and when it was running it would not go into gear, So I put it in gear with the clutch in and the car hopped forward on the crank so the clutch is way outta wack, we bleed the clutch but it still dosen't feel right feels like there is a big air bubble in the line. Lastly my final concern is is with the starter I am using an AWD flywheel on a FWD so the starter doesn't line up properly so my ustom fabed the starter and it was just barely engaging so we honed out the whole on the bell housing and the starter would grab and crank the motor but then the starter would jump off the flywheel because the whole in the bell housing got honed out just have to take car of little things like that and then i'm good to go. I still need a FWD down pipe.

-joe

Enes
09-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Congrats...

too bad you had to use awd flywheel... otherwise i had that fwd starter for you ;)

either way.. good luck with your endaveour... i just finished my car up last night and need to get few more details done tonight..

-E

LightningGSX
09-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Are the starters different between AWD and FWD, or just the mounting?

2003eclipse
09-01-2004, 05:34 PM
starters are the same, awd flywheel is smaller so the mounting is differnt

-joe

LightningGSX
09-01-2004, 05:51 PM
I cleaned out my garage, so if you want to get that downpipe, it won't be so bad

john
09-01-2004, 06:22 PM
If you put in a 2600, adjust the clutch pedal. That fixed mine for the most part. Glad to hear it starts though.

JustROLLIN
09-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Joey, is she gonna be out prowling the streets this weekend?