PDA

View Full Version : 1g Dsm Free Mods!?

turboimports
08-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Please help me out!
I'm pretty sure DSMs have a couple free mods that I can do, but I'm not getting them as of the moment. Someone please specify and let me know what they are. Thanx,

-Lor

tsiawdspeed
08-16-2004, 04:30 PM
For 1G's there are 2 things that you can do.

1. Remove the silencer behind the MAS sensor

2. Remove the BCS restrictor (best done if you have a boost gauge)

I guess you can also hack your airbox if you want

MustGoFaster
08-16-2004, 05:53 PM
Pics are broken, but they have a fair number of cheap tweaks. DSS (http://www.dss-racing.com/default.asp?Page=Tips)

IndiEP
08-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong! But I have the vacuum source for my bcs coming from the bov not the air canister/outlet elbow. The car has not been started like this yet but I have it hooked up like a boost controller. Now it sees pressure post IC w/out the pressure drop from the IC. I'm not an expert on the workings of the bcs or how its designed nor have I tried it yet so I have no idea if I'm just rambaling or if this will get you an extra pound of boost.

tsiawdspeed
08-17-2004, 04:51 PM
I dont think that way will work but I also don't really know how the stock BCS works. Here is my theory and please correct me if I am wrong. Under low boost, the BCS is open so the wastegate is not seeing any boost, and therefore stays closed. When you hit enough boost, the BCS closes and the wastegate sees that boost and the wastegate opens up. So, I think, the way you have it set up, the wastegate will be seeing boost until it hits the stock boost setting and then it will boost more because the BCS will close, which cuts off the boost from the wastegate so it can't open.

turboimports
08-17-2004, 07:24 PM
thanx all.

-Lor