PDA

View Full Version : Datalogger

Pages : [1] 2

1slowdsm
08-10-2004, 10:05 PM
I keep hearing everyone talk about Dataloggers. Are they really necessary to have? Right now I'm looking for parts and I just need a few tips and certain parts. But if I were to get one, I would probably have no clue on how to use or read it.
So if you guys can give me some tips or opinions, that'd be cool. I need to start planning for my winter project.

Kracka
08-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Yes is the answer to your question. If I were to start the DSM game all over again, it would have been the first "mod" I ever purchased. It is a great resource to have since it tells you a lot of vital information.

Halon
08-11-2004, 01:24 AM
And if shop around, you can get one for damn cheap

1slowdsm
08-11-2004, 04:49 PM
I've never really seen one or ran into a picture of one, so I have no idea how it looks like. What brand it is under or is it just called "datalogger"? First year into DSMs and I'm the only one out of my family and relatives that own one, so I had to start from scratch.

A//// Guy
08-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Go to http://www.digitaltuning.com

1slowdsm
08-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Gosh, all that stuff on that site is confusing.
First you need the Cables, right?
Then after that you'll need a PDA (which I have no idea what it is). Is it like a Palm Pilot type thingy? I'm not much into those PDA stuff, so I dont know what they are.

But thanks for the site. I'll do some more research and I'll hopefully have a Datalogger by the end of this year. Too bad I dont have a winter beater!

john
08-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Yes, a PDA is a palm pilot, visor, handspring, ect. You can run off a laptop also or a desktop if you want to haul it in your car. There are several different types of software. Go to the basic tech post. More detail is given.

1slowdsm
08-12-2004, 04:26 PM
I just got done doing some PDA research.
For those who have a Datalogger system, what's a good PDA to buy. I dont want anything too expensive, because I dont have that much money especially now that school is starting again. But yeah, give me some opinions on PDAs and I'll see which one I'll want. From what I hear so far, the Datalogger is a must for DSMs.
Oh yeah one more thing, is it just all datalogging or can I actually like configure stuff on there for performance wise?

illz
08-12-2004, 04:49 PM
Get a Palm IIIc from ebay. they are the most compatible for all loggers including DSMLink

1slowdsm
08-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Sweet! :bounce: