PDA

View Full Version : Mother Nature Bring It!

Pages : [1] 2

Halon
08-09-2004, 07:36 AM
Just thought I'd give ya'll Okinawa's weather forcast. We're expecting a Typhoon to hit us in about 48 hours!!! OH YA!!!! If any of you don't know what a typhoon is, well, it's the same damn thing as a hurricane, just rotating in the opposite direction. HERE (http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/westpac/movies/gmsir/gmsirjava.html) is a link to where you can see this bad boy. You can see 3 small islands off the SW edge of the Main Land Japan. One is just barely off the mainland, one is a lil further off, and Okinawa is that very last one that looks like a line that's maybe a cm long. As you can see, we're right in the path of that fuckin storm. It was good knowing you guys. Austin I leave you with the talon, Jet I leave you with my turbo since it was gunna end up at your place to get ported anyway

btw i found out the link above only works if you can view java shit on your computer.

Enes
08-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Typhoons are soo unpredictable that it can just disipatate depending on the water temperature that it picks up.. and if it does hit, expect a LOT of rain and salt everywhere ;) ...

either way Good luck .. and board up! ;) make sure your gutters are good .. hehehe

-E

Halon
08-09-2004, 08:25 AM
We've had a couple swerve and miss us, but this one is already this close, even if it diverts, a part of it is still prolly gunna hit us. They are predicting 85 knot winds by Thursday now.

IndiEP
08-09-2004, 10:38 AM
I hope your gonna be alright but if not, well...I'm still gonna drop that stereo off @ your dads.

SlowWhite
08-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Got a surf Board yet? gonna be some good waves! ;)

Halon
08-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Ha, nope no surf board, but I bought a snorkel set with fins and stuff. I might just walk around the island like that and find a nice flooded store and snorkel my way around in there and see what I can't come out with. Oh and btw, I found out i was wrong about typhoons, the difference between them and hurricanes is not the direction they rotate. It's just in the location. They are called typhoons instead of hurricanes when in the North West Pacific, don't ask me why cuz I have no clue.

Matt D.
08-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I read about it hitting the Philippines and that it was heading toward Japan, but totally forgot you were there. Stay safe and take some pictures!

Blade
08-09-2004, 12:09 PM
85 Knots? jeez......Have fun man.

jdr_fatbob
08-09-2004, 01:35 PM
oof sounds rough.

curt_gendron
08-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Hope you paid your flood insurance. ;) just kiddin'

later,
Curt