PDA

View Full Version : Bad Night

blageo23
08-07-2004, 01:19 AM
Just thought I'd share my bad night with you guys. Not like you care but hey I dont either. Anyways, first thing is I had to work tonight i did make money but it sucked. Then I went up to Anoka to drive the streets. and I go to turn around on some side street and all the sudden a big grinding noise, what was it? none other then my rim scraping against the curb. Oh, dont worry it wasnt just a little small curb mark, it covered about half of the rim. WOW and i just realized that I've only had the rims on for a month, a month today. Then when i was going home I pulled off the freeway and I notice that my clutch pedal was like stuck to the floor. Now I read somewhere that that is a sign of crankwalk. Now im all flippin out about that. I just feel like my car is falling apart now. I'm soooooo pissed right now I can hardly sit here and type without smashing the keyboard against the wall. Hope yall had a good night.
Mike

john
08-07-2004, 01:24 AM
That sucks. Bring your car to QPR and have Mike check the crankshaft endplay.

Khadgar
08-07-2004, 01:27 AM
Stock clutch or aftermarket?

john
08-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Make sure your clutch resivour is full also. My clutch stuck to the floor once... I shattered my clutch disk.

Khadgar
08-07-2004, 01:34 AM
I've heard that with 2600s you get weirdness with the stock clutch line ressivour(accumulator?) I kept having mine stick to the floor, I just put in my SS line, we'll see how things work if I get it running tommorrow.

blageo23
08-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I'm guessing everything tranny wise is stock, I have not touched the tranny yet and some women owned it before me so she prob didnt put in fun aftermarket stuff. Where is QPR? How much would it cost to take a look at it? I've been reading stuff about crankwalk and im getting really scared! All of them say they had problems shifting, I get that when my car has been running for awhile. I really dont have money to fix it either. So it would blow some major ass if this happens to me.
Mike

Khadgar
08-07-2004, 01:55 AM
It's if it drops when your making left turns, it may be crankwalk. Did you check your fluid level? A bad slave could also casue the pedal to drop.

blageo23
08-07-2004, 09:58 AM
I went out and checked the fluid and its full. How can I tell if the slave is goining bad? Like is there something i can maybe do or do i have to take it in?
Mike

Enes
08-07-2004, 11:33 AM
bleed the clutch..
thats your last thing before you go in to check for more.. not much you can do without few tools qpr or elite has ..

one thing you could do is pull on your crankshaft pulley and then push it back.. if you notice any movement then i'd be woried.. you will have to do this pretty hard in order for it to work..

other than that.. go in have them check if your fork or throwout baring is still good and if they could see with the light and remote eye inside the clutch area...

You could also remove the inspectionshield and see if there are any peaces of your clutch in there which would indicate new clutch/flywheel/preasure plate.

good luck..

and if you need a tow ;) don't be shy

-E

john
08-07-2004, 05:06 PM
I believe that the higher end of the crankwalk spec is .008 so I don't think that it would be something you could feel by hand. The crank would be very hard to move anyhow. Call QPR at 651-488-7774. The can check the spec.