PDA

View Full Version : Fox 9 Follow Up

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

A//// Guy
08-04-2004, 09:32 PM
I just saw the follow up on channel 9. Tyler got on tv that was awesome haha!

They chose to seperate the more "experienced" people from the younger group that likes to "play cat and mouse" with the cops.

Also they mentioned that MN dragways found a spot south of the cities but they said there is no confirmed spot.. just that it is south 1 hour or so.... which doesnt make it any better???!!! Rock falls is like 1.5 hours away.. woopty doo!

Anyway they just showed half of the footage from the last airing and expanded on a solution...

It was gay.

1slowdsm
08-04-2004, 09:43 PM
I just got done watching that also. I waited for that and it wasnt even all that great. They didnt make the racers look bad, but they also didnt say much other than tell us that they have a soon-to-be-track and that amateurs are the dumb ones. I wonder if he is refering to me as well, I've only had my license for 1.7 years but I dont play cat and mouse. I wonder what category my car would fall under, its got a Chrysler body but an import engine. Maybe its in its own category like....domestic import, haha..j/k!

And they did replay a lot of scenes from last Sunday, I still saw those two (monster)civics racing with that one guy who flagged them. Anyways...I dont really care if they do open up that new track place. Its still gonna cost more money than street racing (in some cases) and its still far away. I'd have to leave really early, then waste lots of gas getting there and then pay the entrance fee. By that time, there would be like TONS of cars there, so I'd only get like 2-3 races for what I've spent. I'd rather just go to Rock Falls every once in a while to see my time and thats it, after that its normal driving for me...unless I run into some cocky punk who thinks he is the Shiznit...some adrenaline rush every once in a while on the highway will keep me fueled for the track days!

xrtdac
08-04-2004, 09:53 PM
"You heard it on the streets, now get it from the ring leader, the story at 9PM tonight."

My god Ilooked like freekin vin diesel up there.

Matt D.
08-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by xrtdac@Aug 4 2004, 08:53 PM
"You heard it on the streets, now get it from the ring leader, the story at 9PM tonight."

My god Ilooked like freekin vin diesel up there.
Ring leader! It's all your fault, too!! :lol:

Matt D.
08-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Medford is only 40 minutes from Burnsville, and 50 from Minneapolis. And the drive down 35 is a HELL of a lot better than the one to Rock Falls on 94... I drove that road to and from work (Owatonna to Minneapolis) for almost 2 years, it's not that bad.

MustGoFaster
08-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Channel 5 also has a clip on street racing coming up tonight. Looks to be on the victoms of accidents caused by street racing.

Blade
08-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Ty, how did you even get to be on there? Did you go to the Bdubbs meeting?

MustGoFaster
08-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Well, one guy was hit by a 14yr old kid in a stolen car. NOT STREET RACING! The other was a passenger in a truck that was racing, he died. You know the risks if your are in a car that is racing. Other than that they showed some clips of rock falls, had Shaun in it, with the Supra. And also two street racing spots, one being the place on the river, the other just an industrial park. Overall, they just seemed to point out that there are legal place to race, but some people like the rush of the street.
Note, this is my review of the Ch. 5 story.

Halon
08-04-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by EclipseTurbo@Aug 4 2004, 08:32 PM
Rock falls is like 1.5 hours away.. woopty doo!

Where is Rock Falls? I have no clue where anything is? Is it a drag strip that's fairly local to Minneapolis?

curt_gendron
08-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Here is Shaun:
http://www.mn3s.org/shaun.jpg

And here is Trevor, a DSMer from the LaCrosse area:
http://www.mn3s.org/trevor.jpg

These are both from the channel 5 report. Both reports are on the MNSC threads. Make sure to get a Divx codec. Have I mentioned that my media PC ROCKS!! :jammin:

Have fun,
Curt