PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Pages : [1] 2 3

92TSi
11-08-2003, 01:51 PM
I have a 92 Talon TSi AWD. I'm thinking about getting cat back exhaust for it, but I don't want something that is very loud. Do you know of a good system that is fairly quiet?

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
11-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Thermal.

1ViciousGSX
11-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Apex-i N1 system is very nice, not too loud and has a deep, throaty tone. I like mine.

MATCHBX
11-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I have no idea what I'm going to go with next but I'm thinking about going with a Warlock. I've got a Hooker on mine right now with the dual tips. Very throaty but not quite as loud as others.

I think Flowmaster makes the Warlock but I'm not sure. They're around $65-75. The thing I like about them is you can have it go through the chambers of the muffler or you can take the cork out and make it a straight thru. I've never heard what they sound like though.

b.a.
11-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Thermal or Buschur are both excellent sounding exhausts. I have a Buschur and I love it. The dynomax muffler they use is a 3", no coffee can tips there. It sounds great while providing a noticable increase in performance. I payed 750 for my system, and another 50 for shipping. good stuff.

A//// Guy
11-08-2003, 04:07 PM
If you want a fairly loud system then go with buschur, I have the 2.5" catback and its louder than some of the 3" straight bent systems I have compared to. The buschjer has the dynomax ultraflow and is one of the cheaper systems... I paid 280 just for the catback.

"CVD" has an AHP 3" exhaust and his is much quieter than mine even with a free flow cat. With a test pipe its like riding in a honda. It sounds awesome because it doesnt sound like a tractor but nice and throaty/deep.

I would say if you take trips often or if thats your daily driver get a quieter exhaust like the N1 or Thermal, those seem to be quiter. Or AHP... but I dont like how they sound when you are driving or accelerating.. kinda tractory.

JET
11-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Thermal is the quietest for a 1g. I have one on mine (6 years old) and I love it. Once I went with a big turbo and no cat, even that is getting loud. I have a bullet muffler that is going to be put in the test pipe to act as a resonator.

At-Least-It's-An-Evo
11-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JET@Nov 9 2003, 11:15 AM
Thermal is the quietest for a 1g. I have one on mine (6 years old) and I love it. Once I went with a big turbo and no cat, even that is getting loud. I have a bullet muffler that is going to be put in the test pipe to act as a resonator.
Thermal IS the quietest other than stock, period. I've driven cars with Buschur turbobacks, N1 turbobacks, and a thermal catback, Thermal is quieter than ALL of them, stock is the next best choice for quietness. The N1 is quieter than the bushcur, the N1 is next loudest. The HKS is very quiet also (as I had that before too), but you don't want that 2.5" crap anyways. The loudest is open 3" DP, so if you want loud/obnoxious, then go for that. :dsmrule:

Lunar Eclipse
11-09-2003, 09:28 PM
AHP with the Thermal muffler (me and CVD both run it) and it sounds very nice while remaining one of the quieter systems on the market.

Halon
11-10-2003, 03:12 AM
i had the AHP catback with the thermal muffler on my 95 gst. It had a kick ass sound to it. not too loud, but when u got on it, it sounded just sweet. once i got the downpipe and testpipe though, it got a lot louder. But check out RNR's exhausts. For the price u would normally pay for just a catback, u can prolly get his turbo back for cheaper. If the sale is still on, then u can get a 3" turbo back for 475+shipping. Ryan is the guy that owns the company. They're based outta San Diego. And like i said before, im currently stationed in Yuma,AZ which is 3 hours from San Diego, and i know a bunch of the San Diego DSM guys, INCLUDING ryan. He's a pretty cool guy, i buy all my stuff from him now, and i will have his exhaust on my car when i get to start modding it. But my boi has his exhaust on his evo, and it sounds nice. Not real loud, just a real nice tone. It's louder than stock, but not that much. Sounds comparable to when i had my ahp catback on my 2g. But if you do get the whole turbo back, then its gunna be louder than a catback. Anyway, if you do order from him, tell him that Brandon from Arizona told u bout him, he might hook u up with a discount on shipping or sumthin.