PDA

View Full Version : Konichiwa From Okinawa

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Halon
06-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd say a quick hello from my new home over here in Okinawa Japan. I still don't have internet, im using a friends computer. But anyway, so far it's been pretty badass here. Skylines are like DSM's here. There are tons of em, but the GTR ones aren't as common as the regular run of the mill ones. There are so many different models I can't keep em straight. Seen a butt load of Mistu GTO's and FTO's. Saw me a right hand drive cadillac and mustang which seemed odd to me. They have all these different cars here too that aren't over there. They all have goofy names and a lot of people drive lil baby suv's kinda like the scions. Those things are real common since they pay their tabs based on car size. I still don't have a car yet. I have to take a 5-day driver class before I'm allowed to. But not sure what I'm gunna get. Most likely not a skyline because it wouldn't be the best move for me financially. But if i do come across an GTR R32 for like 3 grand then ill definately jump on that. That price might sound low, but its about right around here. It's just not that many are for sale. The R33's are for sale left and right, but in like the 5-7 grand range. The shitty GTS25 ones that are the same years as the r32's are for sale everywhere, but they are kinda crappy. I'd like to get a silvia but again price is a factor plus trying to find one for sale at a decent price. So ill prolly end up with a celica or a 4-door sedan or sumthin. Anyway don'tmean to ramble, just wanted to say hey and that i made it here in 1 piece. I'm trying to learn the language a lil but i still can't understand a damn thing any of these people say. All i know is GOMENESIA (forgive me), KONICHIWA (good afternoon), KONBANWA (good evening), ICHIBAHN (number one), ARIGATO (thank you), and that's all I can think of at this second. Well take care.

Brandon

Oh and I don't know any car parts spots yet so don't ask for parts. And I have some cool pics of the island from the plane and a badass skyline and stuff that ill put up once I get my computer here.

ACRucrazy
06-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Thats sweet! How long are you gonna be there for!?

Chris

FattyBoomBatty
06-28-2004, 09:28 AM
axe some of the natives this: engoka wakatimas-ka
that bascially means "you understand english?" (pronounce the G like you would in "guess")

get a hackiroku, haha, then drifto it like that cartoon

IndiEP
06-28-2004, 10:17 AM
Good to hear from ya, how long was your flight? And Mike says you owe him money from the Chicago trip...

MustGoFaster
06-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Get a 87-92 GVR4, you already know how to work on it. :bounce:

Jana
06-28-2004, 05:24 PM
Good to hear from you. Glad you had a safe trip over there and are enjoying it right now! :D

Post up pics when you can of the cars/sights!!

A//// Guy
06-28-2004, 07:24 PM
So can you get me some parts???

Just kidding! lol Sounds like a fun time over there. What exactly do you do (army-wise) in Japan?

Blade
06-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Glad to hear from you again Brandon. Hope your having a blast. And Pete, hes in the Marine Corp, REMEMBER, not the army. I hate it when people do that...

Edit--How the fuck do I spell ''Pete'' wrong????

A//// Guy
06-28-2004, 10:06 PM
Yea I knew he is in the marines, but I think he would get what I mean. Marine-like sounds like hes underwater... hah

Halon
06-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Austin, ya I know, I totally forgot to give Mike that check before I left. If he has paypal I can just send it to him that way. Otherwise I guess I could mail him a check but who knows how long that'll take. I have a work email he can get ahold me at if you could give it to him. Its Halonenbt@futenma.usmc.mil Anyway, ya I really don't plan on getting a car and working on it. Just getting something that'll get me around for the 10 months I'll be here. I don't think I'll be getting a gvr4. But I've seen a few of them. They have some that look like our 2000 model galants in the states. They got all sorts of crazy shit here. I ate some authentic Japanese last night and oh man that stuff came flyin out quicker than it went in. And if you really wanna know what I do in the Marines, I did a thread on it awhile ago, posted pics of my deployment and everything. But basically I'm a Radar Technician and I work on Air Traffic Control Radars. And I just got stationed over here in Japan. It's not like a deployment or anything like when people go to Iraq or whatever. This is just a base in an allies country and we can go out just like in the US. People who get stationed here for 3 years actually bring their families with and get apartments out in town and live there. So it's pretty cool. The water is so clear, you can see the coral and fish from above water. Anyway I'll see u guys later.