PDA

View Full Version : Fp green or red

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

wildman38
06-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Just looking around to see if anyone has either an fp green or an fp red. Considering upgrading from my evo3. Looking for one that is ready to bolt on and doesn't need rebuilt, low miles and little to no shaft play. Please let me know if you have one and what you would want for it.

Thank you!

turbotalon1g
06-04-2014, 08:19 PM
FP is having a sale on RED or Green's for $899

MAP might sell you a PTE bolton for a good price.

wildman38
06-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Alright, didn't know they were having a sale I'll take a look! Thanks Aaron!

dogwhistle
06-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Don't go PTE over FP!!! FP has such a great customer service basis and fantastic designs and upgrades over PTE for the same price. The stock frame saves you time and money and in the words of Justin from DSMTuners, PTE journal bearing turbos are NOT in the least reliable. I have an FP Black and am speaking from experience. :) Hope this helps.

wildman38
06-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Which of the two (meaning red or green) is suggested? Coming from a guy who really doesnt know the real difference between the two

dogwhistle
06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
How much power do you want to make? The red is rated for 5lb/min higher flow than the green and has a more linear if you will, turbine wheel design than the green which should make for a similar spool.

wildman38
06-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Not too concerned with the amount of power I will make, yet, I am picking up a 2.3 from cornfed this friday and am considering getting either a red or green because all I have right now is an evi III 16g, Potentially i would like to get alot of power out of it, but my car is mainly used on the street, havent gotten it on a track yet. So basically looking for a good street set up

dogwhistle
06-04-2014, 09:50 PM
I would say get the red or black for the 2.3. Nick is a great guy! The spool of any FP is really quite good and they are so easy to install and work with. I definitely recommend external wastegate on anything larger than the green though. As a general rule of thumb, 1 lb/min of airflow roughly equates to 10hp. on a well machined and tuned engine.

wildman38
06-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Oh for sure I know he is, Known him for a while now, I was mainly looking at the red or green, due to the fact that nick actually told me he would suggest one of those, and it doesnt hurt that they are damn near half price right now

dogwhistle
06-04-2014, 09:58 PM
http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FP&Category_Code=DSM-Turbo

Turns out the black is only $50 more right now but yea I hear ya. I'd say green for internal wastegate, but red for the power in the long run and it would work great with that setup. Yes both will spool faster than the black that's for sure. Are you auto or manual?