PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 20' Flatbed Trailer

Pages : [1] 2 3

Halon
03-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Friend and I are looking to go in together on a flatbed. 20' length, would also consider 22'. Looking mostly for steel since the price is lower, but would consider aluminum if the price is right. Tandem Axle. We either want something that is in nearly new condition and are willing to pay for it, or will also consider a fixer upper as long as the price reflects. Will consider the style with stowable ramps, or tilt bed.

Basically something like this.
http://images.craigslist.org/00y0y_gavxjZNgFbF_600x450.jpg

Goat Blower
03-21-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd recommend a tilt bed if you can find one, I've had them all and they were the easiest to use, especially with lowered cars.

If you get one, I'd be interested in renting it occasionally if you're interested. I just rented a trailer on Monday to pick up a F150 I bought and UHaul wouldn't let me use it because my class 3 hitch on the Tahoe was only rated for 5000 lbs. Needless to say I got another one and it worked good, but was a little small for the F150, the tires were touching on both sides. :D

JET
03-21-2014, 10:46 AM
Here is the tilt version of my trailer. I have been very happy with it. Pickup is in Missouri, but I think it was only about 7 hours each way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-7k-18-4-Tilt-Car-Hauler-or-Equipment-Trailer-by-MuleTuf-/271424867304?pt=Trailers&hash=item3f322ecbe8

Halon
03-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the link, that does look nice. We aren't going to travel to Missouri however. We'd be willing to drive maybe 2hrs max, looking for something more local.

Halon
03-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I'd recommend a tilt bed if you can find one, I've had them all and they were the easiest to use, especially with lowered cars.

If you get one, I'd be interested in renting it occasionally if you're interested. I just rented a trailer on Monday to pick up a F150 I bought and UHaul wouldn't let me use it because my class 3 hitch on the Tahoe was only rated for 5000 lbs. Needless to say I got another one and it worked good, but was a little small for the F150, the tires were touching on both sides. :D

Yeah we'd definitely rent it out for a reasonable price if someone needed it. I do like the tilt-beds, but we'll take whatever we end up finding the best deal on whether it be tilt, or ramps.

s1ngletracker
03-21-2014, 02:32 PM
We have one for sale we used with our chumpcar for a few years. Has a 2 piece ramp setup that is really good for lowered cars. Steel and not new, but it'd be pretty cheap - $1500 OBO.

Halon
03-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Shoot me some pics if you can. BTHalonen@gmail.com

We are going to look at a brand new 20' with slide out ramps next week. So would be nice to see pics to compare what we'd be getting for the money spent. What length ?

s1ngletracker
03-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I believe 20'. I'll get some pics to you this weekend.

Trailer is all steel construction - diamond plate bed.

I forgot to mention, the trailer has a dovetail, 2 permanently attached flip down ramps on the back, and 2 extension ramps (stored under each side of the trailer), so the effective ramp is quite long and very gradual. Our chumpcar was only like 3 inches off the ground and the air dam would barely graze it at the very end.

It has a non-locking storage box on the front, you could add lock(s) to it pretty easily.

The issues i'm aware of:
-The trailer brake control is intermittent. I think there are probably some corroded grounds so the wiring should be gone over.
-The point at which the dovetail is attached to the flat section of the trailer has been repaired a few times. I welded it a few years ago, but it might benefit you to go over that again and reinforce it further. We meant to but never got to it.
-Little bit of surface rust. Could use another coat of rattle can paint to make it look nice.
-Fenders have some dents.

All you really need to fix is the trailer brake and it'd be ready for duty.

s1ngletracker
03-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Emailed you info!

Halon
03-26-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone for the offers. We bought this bad boy today, picking it up Friday :)

http://www.centraltrailers.com/2014-pj-trailers-new-car-hauler-mn-i414727

Mods can close