PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover LR2 or DD

dogwhistle
02-07-2014, 11:08 PM
So I've been toying with parking my Trusty rusty truck and getting a DD instead of roughing it in my talon every damn cold morning. I think I'm absolutely hooked on the LR2 as it's engineered fantastically well and seems like a great priced vehicle for the money. Not to mention capable on and off road. I want to support White Bear Mitsu so if they ever come across one, I'd love to try it out. Does anybody have experience with these or similar? Any awesome or horror stories out there? I know they were a bit more than I wanted to spend on a DD but I think if it's gonna be something I own for along time then why not...

IE: http://www.pslvehicles.com/CarDetails.aspx?VIN=SALFP24N88H056958

Goat Blower
02-08-2014, 10:10 PM
I would stay away, the LR3 is much better, and even that has issues. The LR2 is just a glorified Escape.

dogwhistle
02-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I would stay away, the LR3 is much better, and even that has issues. The LR2 is just a glorified Escape.

I wondered if the resemblance meant anything. Alright good to know. I have kept my eye on similar stuff as well but will keep researching and looking. Thanks!

s1ngletracker
02-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Yeah, if they are anything like Escapes then I'd find something else. I've only heard bad things about Escapes. A friend of mine had one and something shorted in the electrical system and fried nearly every electrical component in the car. It got totalled because of it!

sleepydsm
02-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Why would anyone even consider a Land Rover boggles my mind. I guess if you're not the type to fix your own car and dont mind spending thousands on service than its the car for you

dogwhistle
02-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Mainly the electrical scares me on these because of the proprietary stuff. And ideally Land Rover, especially in the higher end I know from experience, is quite reliable and performs beyond I ever expected but the pricing is so exponential it's kinda out of the question. Which leaves me in search of something else lol.