PDA

View Full Version : WTB 97-99 Eclipse GSX

silow_gsx
11-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I can't believe it but even though I've been out of DSMs for over 6 years I've been wanting to pick up a clean 2Gb GSX for my daily driver. I'm looking for something as close to stock as possible or relatively small mods as possible. Willing to pay up to $8k for a '99 with no rust and < 120k miles with a bias towards being untouch and stockish. If you're thinking about selling let me know what you have.

C3L1CA
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
http://mnhondas.com/showthread.php?t=25390

silow_gsx
11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks Brad. Unfortunately I don't have access to the classifieds on mnhondas.

tehehodi
11-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Its this basically, but he said it was an impulse buy. Look for brad's thread on here and you'll even see pictures of it.

•Price: $8,000

This is my 5th dsm and easily the nicest one I’ve owned. I looked long and hard to find a black 1999 that wasn’t beat with black leather interior. I flew out to NY to pick this up and drove it back to MN. Car has been nothing but reliable since I’ve owned it with oil changes every 3k miles with synthetic oil. Only reason why I’m selling is to get a truck. I’ve started getting into motorcycles again and would like something that I can haul the bike out to the track in. So no need to keep the gsx around.

Current mileage is 83,XXX and will continue to go up as this is my only car.

Modifcations:
Forced Performance Red Turbo
HKS 272's
Crower Springs/retainers
Coil on Plug ignition setup
Huge FMIC with back door short route piping
HKS Super Sequential bov
Forced Performance 4” Intake
After Market Air Filter
Evo MAF
TiAL 38mm wastegate with external dump
Apexi down pipe
Thermal cat back exhaust
Aluminum radiator with dual slim fans
FIC 1000cc injectors currently tuned on pump gas
Supra 300lph fuel pump
Hallman Pro MBC
SPI Industry Boost Gauge
Rebuilt tranny that shifts awesome
ACT 2600 with a street disc and act flywheel
Prothane mount on the tranny mount. Will include rest with the car.
Tokico/eibach suspension setup
Evo8 wheels with snow tires
HID headlights
Front Lip
Aftermarket speakers/alpine deck that is not currently hooked up
15% Tint – should probably be replaced

Car was tuned by Shane at DB Performance on pump gas. It made 292 at DB uncorrected which would be around 350ish on a DynoJet. This was at 20/21 psi with a very conservative tune. You could make more if you went to e85 but I wanted a nice easy to drive daily driver.

Bad:
The front bumper should be repainted. It looks fine in pictures and from a distance, but if you’re really close you can see the rock chips.
The tint has seen its better days. Looks fine from the outside and doesn’t bug me but just trying to be honest.

silow_gsx
11-10-2012, 12:19 AM
Ah the guy who bought Brad's car is selling it? Man it's NICE but I'm looking for something with little to no mods and AC for a daily driver. Had a Thermal exhaust before and the droning drove me nuts. Hoping for a stock exhaust lol.

gstjoker
11-26-2012, 08:00 AM
I'll put up my ad soon but here's a copy and paste I that put up on WIDSM. I'm located in Oshkosh, WI.

http://forum.widsm.org/showthread.php?23881-99-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-GSX-8-000

Not really sure yet but figure I just throw this out there to see if anyone's interested. I'm thinking about getting rid of my car. Love it but just need money.

-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
-AWD of course -Bought it from a buddy who rebuilt the motor at 800 miles
-Currently at 22k miles so far since I've owned for 2 years now
-All stock except HKS BOV, exhaust, and 17" wheels
-Buddy told me he put in the 95 EPROM ECU in. Never really checked but regardless
I will still sell it for $8,000.00

-Only thing I did was kept up with maintenance on the car and replaced all speakers in the car with Alpine Type S and deck.
No amps or subs. Just needed good sound. Didn't feel the need to rock my windows as the muffler took care of that already.

The bads: -Previous owner put on lowering springs on stock shocks so ride is pretty "thump'n" if you know what I mean?
-No CEL but SRS light is on.
-NO A/C
-Cloth covering sun/moon roof needs to be replaced.
Other than that, car runs good and shifts fine to my knowledge.

Contact info:
menglorsgst@gmail.com
920-573-2363 call/txt anytime. I work 2nd shift.

Just a quick few photos below. I'll will try to post up inside motor and interior if you're interested.

RS98GSX
12-03-2012, 10:45 AM
I've been looking to sell mine. It is a 98 2gb GSX 171k on the car. I replaced the motor, transfercase, and transmission when I bought it at 130k. Ron at RS did a stock rebuild on the motor, Kennedy Transmission did both the T-case and transmission. Just rebuilt the head and replaced all top end gaskets & head gasket (Mitsubishi Metal/MLS Head Gasket).

Mods
VRF short route IC
550cc injectors
walbro 255
3in (real) A'pexi turbo back exhaust (no cat)
MHI 16g
Saturn Alt.
maybe a few minor one I cant think of
3g lifters

Bad
Has a little strut tower rust starting

It probably more than you want, just put new tires on it, No CEL light and it runs great. I have tons of extra parts including DSM link. Email me at jminich@iastate.edu if you are interested. I can send pics and answer any questions you might have.