PDA

View Full Version : Stock Frame turbo upgrade wanted!!

Pages : [1] 2

GGcloudIX
05-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey guys i'm finishing up ordering my parts list. The guy I was going to have order me my FP turbo is pretty hard to get a hold of. And the one guy on here that has what I want is hard to get ahold of, as he is across the seas. :(

Anyway, i'm looking for a stock frame turbo upgrade for my Evo 9. I was going to get a 73HTA Green but want something a little bigger so i have room to grow in the future. Prefer a used one, to save on the price but want one in mint condition. Prefer to stick with the Forced performance lineup, but if anyone has any other turbos they would want to get rid of that are comparable to an FP Green or Red let me know!

My number is 320 304 0986
Thanks, Derek

CornFed2.4
05-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Doesn't Jim (talonfiero) have a black that needs a rebuild for sale? I think tgose are stock frame IIRC.

CornFed2.4
05-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Nvm he sold it!

GGcloudIX
05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
thanks anyway! anyone else?

19TsiAwd90
05-23-2012, 11:30 PM
talk to these guys, https://www.facebook.com/groups/TurboLab/ They can make you anything you want for a great price and they are the highest quality parts. James built my 20g for my subi. Its not a scam they are legit and know what they are doing!

Constant_Project21
05-23-2012, 11:32 PM
I'd give one of the sales reps at MAP a call, and see about upgrading your existing turbo, to an EF series turbo. May be pretty cost effective compared to buying a new turbo. Plus EF2's are pretty badass, and if I'm not mistaken, comparable to a green (correct me if I'm wrong Mr. Carey, I'm just a shipping guy :D ).

GGcloudIX
05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
You know what, enough people have been swearing by the EF series I just may have to do that! I just dropped a little over 1600 bucks at MAP earlier today (Thanks Chris Carey for all the help!!) Whats another couple grand?? ;)

I'm currently in contact with a guy from here on Style who has a Journal bearing Red for a pretty darn good price with only 6k miles on it and 2k of those were a long highway trip. Shane at DB said he could take a look at it and if it looks good, though there isn't really much he can really see, i'll probably get it. If somehow that deal falls through I'll give MAP a jingle!

Anyone know what they do to back their turbos? Some biased sources that I will leave unnamed said that the EF series isn't a good one, but it seems like A LOT of people are running them with total success, so i'm starting to change my mind!

Thanks for all your input guys!

evotuner
05-24-2012, 12:17 AM
I swear by it man :) The EF3 is badass, I havent heard of ONE Evo EF series turbo going bad. All I read on evolutionm.net is the FP turbo's failing, sure they are a great turbo but it seems like they have so many issues plus MAP is right down the road

And MAP warranty's them for 1yr...plus if you have any problems they will help you in anyway they possibly can, they really stand by there stuff

http://turbos.maperformance.com/evo-turbos.html

http://turbos.maperformance.com/warranty.html

GGcloudIX
05-24-2012, 12:35 AM
ya i know a lot of guys swear by MAPs EF series.... but I also know a lot of guys who swear by the FP lineup..... i'm going to be talking to the guy tomorrow about his red, so i should know within a couple days. If that falls through, guess I'm going EF!

I think an EF3 is a little big for my goals ( roughly 450 corrected whp on DBs dyno on e85 with good bolt ons and e85) I want a turbo that will make my power goal but not be maxed out doing it, so that way i will have room to grow in the future.... so which EF turbo would be my best option? EF2?

CornFed2.4
05-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Turbolab!